update/re-into, cos it's been a bit~

Forum: Children with Developmental Delays and Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By justjaQ

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Developmental Delays and Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 24th, 2012, 06:46 PM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
thanks lady valkyrie, for the invite back. i had posted here once or twice a while back, but just haven't been on jm too much, especially since i had a falling out with one of my playrooms, and had a miscarriage two weeks ago.

i will go ahead and reintroduce myself, while i'm at it, in case nobody remembers me, or we have new members. i have great concern for my son, so if this board is not dead, i would love to try and made it here more regularly. please, if you're reading this, give me a quick intro for yourself and your child/ren with the delay. i have short-term memory loss, so please don't take anything personally, if i seem super-forgetful.

i am ms.jaQ from metro detroit. i am a 28-yr-old single mama to 4-- timothy michael is 9, blonde with blue eyes, and a lover of video games, a quirky loner, with soooo much in common with his mama. his little sister, melissa, is 6.5 years old, my only daughter. she's a total girlie-girl, my exact opposite, as i'm androgynous and an oddball. she's my strawberry blonde, with gorgeous blue eyes. my baby damon is 8 months, with brown eyes, a fair-ish complexion, and a black sperm donor, and boy is he a JOYful, calm, happy baby. then there's my 2.5 year old nicholas. a spunky blonde, hazel-eyed pistol. he's agressive and violent toward his entire family, and he doesn't yet speak, so we're waiting to see if he's autistic, or just has a delay. he just started pre-school in a montessori school, and they are confident they can get him speaking by the end of the school year. other than the speech issue, the boy is briiiiiilllllliant. he understands everything, and never forgets. he loves matchbox cars and building towers with his legos. he's my gem. life would be easier without him and his crazy streak, but i couldn't trade him for all the gold in china.

i first started noticing his abnormality with he was about 18 months. my older two kids started speaking around 14 and 17 months, and i kept thinking, "any day, any day now...." but it so far, has not come. he's not mute; he can say a handful of words. most recently, mama *melts*.... he can say "hot", "bye", "leela" for his sister (nick had a half-sister, 18 months older than he-- i say "had" because nicky's dad vanished into thin air lasy year, and won't contact me, so they're basically out of the picture, at least for now. his dad was mentally abusive to me and my kids/nick, while treating HIS daughter like a princess, so i can't say i miss him, but nick deserves a father, and i'm extremely disappointed that his "dad" moved and changed his number, and refuses to answer my emails... some men don't deserve to be fathers.... anyhow, nicky's half-sis couldn't pronounce melissa's name, and called her leela, and it stuck, and now nick calls her that), "mike" for my brother, "bi" for my other brother, brian (my brothers are very close with my kids, though they're now away at college.)

this is a lot of background that doesn't particularly matter, i suppose. i don't care if nicky gets the autism diagnosis; he is who he is, and a label won't change him. he's one of my prides and joys, and i couldn't live without that little man, as much as he wears my patience thin. he's the strongest child-- from the very moment he was born, i've had doctors exclaim in surprise about his strength. he's fast-- when he takes off, it's difficult to chase and catch him. he takes pleasure, from what i can gather, at making us squirm. he's cocky and tries to do what he wants. but he's soooo beautiful, and sweet when he chooses. i love him sooooo much. but every day is a challenge with him.

anyone else dealing with a similar situation? i'd love to hear the rest of your stories! thanks.
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

September 25th, 2012, 07:10 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
I will post more another day - I need to express shortly and then things will get mad as Daniel will be home from school and then one of my BFFs is round for tea and to see Michaela. But just wanted to welcome you for now honey. I remember you from Spiritual Living (used to be General Spirituality) mostly and am glad to see you here xxx

Daniel is aged 6 now and has high-functioning autism spectrum disorder. We also started noticing the abnormalities around 18 months to 2 yrs of age. I wouldn't swap him for the world.

September 25th, 2012, 10:12 PM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
thanks, Sharron. I've seen you everywhere, here, it seems, and it'll be nice to get to know you.

i find people to be very sympathetic on the odd occasion that nick's delay comes up. i don't take offense to it, and sure it'd be lovely if he didn't have any challenges, but i guess it's hard for people to understand that we love our children for who they are, not who they aren't.
Carwen*Angel likes this.
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search