Apple season! O/T

Forum: Children with Developmental Delays and Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Developmental Delays and Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 26th, 2012, 06:27 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Do you go scrumping for apples this season, or have an apple tree you collect windfalls from?

Do you do bobbing for apples at your fall / Hallowe'en / Thanksgiving parties?

Do you make or drink apple cider?

Have you ever been wassailing in fall or winter?

Do you make apple pies?

September 26th, 2012, 06:29 PM
SandKmommy's Avatar Seamus and Kieran's Mommy
I love making apple pies but haven't done it in a couple years now.

We've never been apple picking but I'm thinking we might this year. Fall harvest just started a couple weeks ago so its a good time to go. We live just minutes from Washington State, the Applie Capital of the US (hahaha) so theres tons of orchards go go to.

Had to look up what wassailing was to be sure it was caroling lol. I've only done caroling at Christmas time for part of Girl Scouts(guides) and that was well over 10 years ago. I've never herd of doing it at the fall to orchard trees (At least thats what wikipedia says wassailing is in the fall time in England lol)

Last edited by SandKmommy; September 26th, 2012 at 06:32 PM.
September 27th, 2012, 03:35 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
That's exactly what it is Justine - it's like a ritual that apple farmers used to do, with the superstition that the tree spirits would produce more apples the following harvest if it was done!!

One of my cousins has an apple tree and she sometimes gets loads and sends us the surplus. I make pie with it. Sometimes I buy apples to make a pie, too, though I prefer Tesco apple crumble.

I've done bobbing for apples at Hallowe'en parties. I'm rubbish at it.

I like cider, but I prefer mixed fruit cider. Actually just fancy some. Might add it to the shopping list.

I'd go wassailing for the heck of it if I had someone to do it with!

September 27th, 2012, 08:15 AM
shanirah's Avatar Mommy Strawberry
Do you go scrumping for apples this season, or have an apple tree you collect windfalls from? Nope

Do you do bobbing for apples at your fall / Hallowe'en / Thanksgiving parties? I haven't since childhood, but at our Fall Fest at church, this is one of the activities.

Do you make or drink apple cider? Nope but my husband loves it.

Have you ever been wassailing in fall or winter? Winter but not since high school

Do you make apple pies? The reason for all my "no" answers, I HATE cooked apples. I think apple pie is one of the nastiest foods on the planet (right up there with cherries, cherry pie and celery).

“First things first, but not necessarily in that order.” The Doctor

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search