Moms with Fussy Eaters - a Festive Question

Forum: Children with Developmental Delays and Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Developmental Delays and Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 29th, 2012, 07:29 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
I just wondered, what will your fussy eaters eat of the traditional Thanksgiving and Christmas meals?

Do you do anything to make the traditional fayre appeal more to them?

September 29th, 2012, 09:06 AM
TreeTog's Avatar Love is in the Air!
Ryan will eat nothing in a typical holiday meal. He will eat his chicken nuggets and chips and PB&J.

Leslie

September 29th, 2012, 10:04 AM
shanirah's Avatar Mommy Strawberry
My son doesn't like mashed potatoes, neither kids like corn, only DH and my oldest like stuffing. So instead of doing two traditional meals in a row, we do traditional on Christmas with turkey and/or ham and we give my son rice instead of mashed potatoes. For Thanksgiving, we figure that since we are from New Mexico, it's totally patriotic to make taco's using ground turkey and we do sopapilla's for dessert. We have only two meals that day though, a huge brunch and then tacos for dinner.

“First things first, but not necessarily in that order.” The Doctor

September 30th, 2012, 04:57 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
We don't do Thanksgiving in the UK so no problems there. Daniel does like turkey, and will eat roast potatoes. But that is ALL he'll eat of his Christmas dinner. We will probably put a carrot, a stick of broccoli, and a parsnip on his plate because we believe in presenting them to him. And he'll probably lick them if coaxed. But won't eat them. He also won't eat Christmas pudding, we will probably get him a little individual chocolate pudding to have with custard.

September 30th, 2012, 11:06 PM
SandKmommy's Avatar Seamus and Kieran's Mommy
Uptill last year (5yrs old) the only thing that Seamus would eat were the rolls and corn. Last year we were able to get him to eat Turkey by telling him that it taste like chicken (the only meat he would eat for 5+ years) he actually liked it. So we tried with Ham on Christmas and he liked it too. So for Thanksgiving and Christmas he will eat Turkey/Ham, rolls and corn thats it.
He wont touch mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, stuffing, cranberries, etc. He would have a complete screaming melt down if the serving bowl even came near his plate.

October 1st, 2012, 07:15 PM
Vicki...'s Avatar Mommy to Caleb & Ethan
Thankfully Caleb loves allot of foods that come with holidays, mashed potatoes, turkey,corn, and pies, he however does not like bread or stuffing

Ethan on the other hand does not like any of it, he eats the same thing no matter the day, slim jims, gogurt, crackers and sometimes an ice cream bar, he is extreme picky, oh and if we get them from mcdonalds he will eat fries and chicken nuggets

October 1st, 2012, 08:09 PM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
Anthony will have to choose from what we are eating. We don't cater to him unless he has an allergy to the food. Since he is sensitive to turkey, he'll be having chicken.

A.J is a picky eater but we do this to avoid him being rigid has he gets older. He does dish himself so he has control over what goes on his plate.

October 8th, 2012, 09:55 AM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
More than likely we will be catering to the picky DH and have ham which all the kids will eat which is another good reason to have ham over turkey. I'll make twice baked potatoes which Beau can't have. Depending on whatelse we have I'll toss him glutine free crackers and hopefully he'll eat some sort of fruit or veggie.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search