Sorry I've been MIA

Forum: Children with Developmental Delays and Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Adriana's Mommy
  • 1 Post By Vicki...
  • 1 Post By Carwen*Angel
  • 1 Post By shanirah

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Developmental Delays and Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 9th, 2012, 06:54 AM
AlexKatieAiden Mommy's Avatar Linda
Lots of things have been happening over here lately. My niece, who lived with my parents, was having a hard time so she came to live with me in mid-August. It's been hard adjusting to being a mom to a teenager, she just turned 14, but she seems to be doing better here than she was with my parents so it's good. She is a big help around the house and does seem to enjoy being with her siblings (the two I adopted are her half siblings, same biological mother).
The job I started in June is going well, I am only part time right now but should be going full time within the next couple months. I have decided to go back to school so I have been looking into colleges that will fit into my already hectic schedule. I have narrowed it down to two so far and am planning on going to visit the campus's next week sometime. I decided to go for my associates in computer science or a related field. I'm hoping to start in spring if not sooner.
Alex (my kiddo with ASD) had a really hard time adjusting to going back to school but things seem to have settled down (hopefully they stay that way). Katie has done really well adjusting to 1st grade, she was having so many issues last year but I think her meds (she has pFAS, ADHD, and ODD) are working for her now Aiden is settling into being the only kid at home during the day. I think he misses his siblings but is happy to have some quiet time with mom.

check out my My Etsy Shop See My Blinkie Gallery & My Siggie Gallery & My BLOG
October 9th, 2012, 05:13 PM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
Wow, sounds like you have your hands full.. Your niece is so lucky to have such a caring Aunt to take care of her..

October 10th, 2012, 06:00 AM
Vicki...'s Avatar Mommy to Caleb & Ethan
wow so much going on then, glad the kids are settling into school

October 11th, 2012, 08:32 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Gosh Linda, you had your plate full before, I just honestly think you are superwoman. Make sure you take even just a little time for yourself love.

October 12th, 2012, 06:37 AM
shanirah's Avatar Mommy Strawberry
I agree, take time for yourself, but wow, it sounds like all the kids are in a good situation with you.

“First things first, but not necessarily in that order.” The Doctor

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search