Do any of you worry about having more babies?

Forum: Children with Developmental Delays and Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Developmental Delays and Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 9th, 2012, 03:59 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I read the risk of Autism goes to around 10% for subsequent babies after one has Autism. We tried anyway for #2, and were blessed with a typical child. I know people say all children are different, but trust me when I say this one is DIFFERENT. We know Winter Rose is completely normal.

Anyway, now I want to try for #3. I want a boy, and boys are normally the ones that end up with stuff like Autism. :| So what have y'all decided? Take a chance or not risk it? I want to take a chance, but at the same time I do not want another child with Autism. I am so over living in Autism Land!

Three on Earth and seven in Heaven. Hoping to get knocked up in 2016. Sometimes.

http://arwenart.com
November 9th, 2012, 06:47 PM
Vicki...'s Avatar Mommy to Caleb & Ethan
I took that chance, and while i am glad i did and love my little Ethan so much, he is on the autism spectrum also, it didn't seem like he would be at first, but after a while i started seeing huge red flags, we just got his diagnosis 2 days ago

November 9th, 2012, 07:20 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
What are your sons like? How does the Autism manifest in them?

Three on Earth and seven in Heaven. Hoping to get knocked up in 2016. Sometimes.

http://arwenart.com
November 10th, 2012, 12:55 PM
shanirah's Avatar Mommy Strawberry
We were but we wanted our 3rd anyways, I wouldn't trade her for anything, even if we get a diagnosis!

“First things first, but not necessarily in that order.” The Doctor

November 11th, 2012, 11:41 PM
Jintana's Avatar Dragoness
We had a second one recently (8mo old now). She's more responsive to language than her ASD brother, but otherwise pretty much the same baby. We view autism as a characteristic that has its bugs and its features; it wasn't too scary.

November 12th, 2012, 03:20 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
I worried about this before ttc Michaela. I can see a huge difference between her and Daniel so hopefully autism will not manifest this time, but if it does my philosophy is everything happens for a reason, and I know I can do as great a job with Michaela as I'm doing with Daniel whatever happens, I love them both so much.

November 12th, 2012, 08:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My son isn't my hubby's child, so idk if we were to have another child would there still be a small chance? My son's father has autism& adhd like my son. unfortunately my son's father never told me about his medical issues until after i found out my son's diagnosis. i am worried about bipolar if i have a girl. b/c i carry the bipolar gene& my medical issues as well. I wont love him/ her any less if she/ he ends up disabled. i'll be his/ her advocate and get him/ her everything i've gotten for nick. I am not having any more after #2. If we are able to concieve. it's been a long 19mths of no concieving and even rei appt we made we are on the fence about....

November 12th, 2012, 03:12 PM
TreeTog's Avatar Love is in the Air!
I have 2 boys and they are night and day from each other. My eldest has Autism and my youngest is NT.

Leslie

November 16th, 2012, 05:42 PM
Vicki...'s Avatar Mommy to Caleb & Ethan
My oldest/Caleb also seemed to be a different kind of kid, never was consolable as a baby and did not talk much at all for years, did all physical milestones on time but was not very responsive socially, at the age of 3 he could speak maybe 5 words, Ethan on the other hand seemed so responsive and social and i had such high hopes , then around 2 he started regressing and barely speaks at all now, ie on a daily basis maybe 2-3 words, is very sensory seeking and not social otherwise

November 20th, 2012, 10:44 AM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
I'm done having children so I really have no more worries. My daughter is your typical 5 year old, my son is the one who is autistic. Both are unique in their own ways. I'm however impressed with what my son remembers.

November 23rd, 2012, 11:24 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
We had Tessa when Beau was 13 months old and bringing her home from the hospital is when i noticed my fiirst red flag. We found out we were pregnant again in June. Because of my age we were very concerned about Down syndrome. Our baby was still born in September and after the fact we wonder what would have been his issues? In the end I'd rather have another Autistic spectrum child than one with a different issue.

We will TTC again.
December 5th, 2012, 02:47 PM
smsturner's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I worry about this. Marcus is totally on the spectrum. Megan has some tendancies that make me wonder. And so do I. Now we are trying for another. I'm crossing my fingers. But it's not stopping me

I never knew until that moment how badly it could hurt to lose something you never really had. - Missed Miscarriage at 10 weeks - 3/26

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search