Happy New Year!

Forum: Children with Developmental Delays and Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Developmental Delays and Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 2nd, 2013, 09:12 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I hope you ladies had some great holidays! We were hit by a tornado. Wasn't what I expected, just a bunch of wind. Clearly, what a tornado is, but I was expecting something from the Wizard of Oz. lol

What life changes have you decided to make?

3 on Earth and 7 in Heaven NTNP for #4 and doing the boy diet till!
http://arwenart.com
January 2nd, 2013, 10:03 AM
I think my 2013 is going to be an interesting year.

First off my son's developmental assessment is this Friday. So we get his RX on Tues.

That in itself is a HUGE thing. It means we have an answer. So there will be more therapy, more lessons, more work. But all worth it.

On a personal level, I need a fitness goal. Stress has done some damage over the past year. Any ladies feeling the same?? lol

My second personal goal is to make more friends and be social. I sort of hide in my house because I am admittedly uncomfortable being in public with my son at times. Definitely need to find a support group for parents of kids with developmental problems. Might make me feel less alone.

January 3rd, 2013, 10:51 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I'm embarrassed in restaurants for sure! lol But everywhere else with Alice I'm alright. The only thing I really dislike are the question askers.

"Well, hai! What's YOUR name? How old are you? ...hey! Hey?"

"She has autism, mam/sir/kiddo. She won't answer you, but her name is Alice, and she's 4."

"......oh. Can you give a high five? High five!"

"She has autism, mam/sir/kiddo. She doesn't give high fives. She's like a baby."

My inner voice is going, "Get out of my kid's FACE!"

I had one Santa Claus looking man to lecture me on my child because I told him she wouldn't answer his questions. Tried to educate me on how she was a person with feelings, and she understood us. Must be nice to know a person's life after interacting with them for 10 whole seconds.

3 on Earth and 7 in Heaven NTNP for #4 and doing the boy diet till!
http://arwenart.com
January 3rd, 2013, 01:02 PM
smsturner's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow. You have alot of willpower. I would be lots grumpier with people than you are!

Marcus does this to a much lesser degree. He still won't talk to people when we go anywhere. If anyone asks him things, he will either ignore and look down, or tell ME the answer. He's so much a functioning, normal-looking child that people get very offended.
When people say hi or introduce themselves, Marcus looks down or looks at me. No matter what I say about polite-ness, there is no way to change this. I keep thinking it will get better (I used to do this, but I had grown out of it earlier, I think it's a common toddler thing right?), but it just hasn't.

For life changes? I am still wildly hoping to have a baby soon, but at more than 3.5 years of hoping, it's starting to wane. As far as anything else? I'm not sure I want much to change. We are pretty happy lately

Ash - do you work outside of the home? Honestly, part of the reason I went back to work after having my son was that I NEEDED that time. I found a rewarding job and found my kids the perfect place so that they could get whatever they needed too (REALLY not saying kids and moms can't be happy as stay at homes, just saying it is an option, and you shouldn't feel guilty if you choose it!)

I never knew until that moment how badly it could hurt to lose something you never really had. - Missed Miscarriage at 10 weeks - 3/26
January 3rd, 2013, 07:38 PM
I hear ya!! People love to bug kids don't they. Darn strangers.

&& I can't really work outside the home because of my back.

I like staying home. I just don't like feeling like nobody in my real world relates to me. lol

January 4th, 2013, 04:09 PM
Super Mommy
Happy New Year! hmmm life changes.... get answers for my daughter and the therapies that she needs, start working out again, getting my social life back, and joining a support group for parents with autistic children/autism chapter in my area, oh and getting it in my head that I am pregnant with my second child and I need to concentrate on that! I keep forgetting that I am pregnant now since finding out my daughter has suspected mild autism. The remainder of her evaluation is on February 5..the first half was on Dec. 18 .. I think those to start with
January 9th, 2013, 10:45 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Happy New Year, Arwen, and everyone!

I want to make more time for rest and relaxation this year. I have promised myself I will make my health the priority and whatever else there isn't time for doesn't matter.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search