Any pregnant ladies? I had a new question asked at my first OB appointment.

Forum: Children with Developmental Delays and Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Developmental Delays and Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 21st, 2013, 05:08 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
They seem to be changing these up with every pregnancy. With DD1 I was asked about my family history concerning drug and alcohol abuse, cancer, and a few other disorders. With DD2 I was asked about chromosomal abnormalities only. With this one, I got the chromosome question and if I had a history of Autism. I told the woman to just put down that the patient's entire paternal side was Autistic. Then the lady looked right at me and said, "I can tell."

I don't know how. I was being a regular Southern and talking her ear off. lol

Have any of you gotten that question?

Three on Earth and seven in Heaven. Hoping to get knocked up in 2016. Sometimes.

http://arwenart.com
February 21st, 2013, 06:46 PM
TreeTog's Avatar Love is in the Air!
My last pregnancy was 2010 and I was not asked that.

Leslie

February 28th, 2013, 07:39 PM
Super Mommy
I have not been asked this and I am pregnant right now
March 1st, 2013, 11:18 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Arwen, I would have been mad. I think the way she asked it was very rude. And I doubt that she could "tell" anything at all.

I was however asked if there was any history of autism when I was pregnant with Michaela.

March 15th, 2013, 11:22 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I wasn't mad at that, I was mostly confused by her. I talked about parts of the reproductive process that she said she had no clue about. I just wonder how she has the job. I've met nurses that didn't know your cervix turns blue in the beginning. It's weird how little some of them know, and they are taking care of me.

The thing I did get mad about was my OB wanted the diabetes test at 8 weeks because I was overweight. I found out from the lab that EVERYONE from her gets it at 8 weeks. Skinny, fat, normal, doesn't matter! I would have accepted, "I like my patients to have an early test." I'm mad that she felt the need to make me test by mentioning my weight. If she would have asked, I could tell her I have a history of low blood sugar. I accepted the test cause that drink makes me feel awesome. It was the one hour of relief I had last pregnancy. That offended me.

The lady with the papers was just a bit ignorant of things, and she was young--early 20's. One day she'll learn, and she'll be so embarrassed. lol She's just a kid still. Probably in jr high when I was popping out my first baby.

Three on Earth and seven in Heaven. Hoping to get knocked up in 2016. Sometimes.

http://arwenart.com

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search