Starting to lose it

Forum: Children with Developmental Delays and Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Developmental Delays and Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 12th, 2013, 09:26 AM
*Jennifer*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So far I have been pretty good at dealing with Billy's diagnosis, but now it is hitting me. I hate the waiting for ACES to call me back. I am grateful that the reason I am waiting is because they are checking on insurance because it means I have insurance to help with the cost of treatment, but I just want to get him started on his therapy. I just want to have my IEP meeting and get him placed in the right preschool too. Oh and his pediatrician detected a heart murmur yesterday. Need to go back after his cold runs its course since that may be the cause.

Thanks for letting me vent
April 13th, 2013, 02:19 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Waiting sucks! I hope they call you soon with news, and I really hope his murmur isn't serious.

Three on Earth and seven in Heaven. Hoping to get knocked up in 2016. Sometimes.

http://arwenart.com
April 15th, 2013, 09:06 AM
Thank you. From what I have read, it is not uncommon for children to have a heart murmur when they have a cold. I never knew that.
April 15th, 2013, 02:37 PM
TreeTog's Avatar Love is in the Air!
How is Billy today? What do the doctors recommend to do next? My 5yo is in PPCD.

Leslie

April 17th, 2013, 12:58 PM
He has a little bit of a cold still although I am not sure how much is a cold and how much is allergies. He has an allergist appt next week.

Oh and his IEP is scheduled for May 13th.

As for behavioral therapy, it will still be a week or two before insurance clears.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search