Halloween was fun!

Forum: Children with Developmental Delays and Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Developmental Delays and Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 3rd, 2007, 10:51 PM
picklesmama's Avatar <;,><
This was the first year Gus went out trick or treating. He had a great time! He did have a few issues though. If someone opened the door before he knocked, he had a little fit and I had to explain to them that he wanted to knock (because that is how it is done, lol) so they had to shut the door and let him knock and say "ick o eat". The other thing was he sometimes just went walking right in the persons house if he saw something of interest! Once he fell as he was walking down a steep drivway and spilled his bucket. I picked him up, refilled his bucket and tried to carry on but he had a litle fit about that too, so I put him down and he walked back to the point where he had been when he fell. Then he held his hand out and shouted until I figured out he wanted his bucket. He wanted to try again! This time he came down the driveway without falling, and at the bottom he shouted "I did it" - it was cute. We were out about an hour and a half. He didnt get scared at all, and the only thing that freaked him out was a strobe light, but it wasn't so much fear as it just disturbed him. He has no interest in his candy now that he has it, he really only likes the lollipops, but he sure enjouyed collecting it all I guess I'll have to eat it for him

Here's Gus as LaaLaa the Teletubby. He chose it from a catalog, and was so pleased with himself in it. He couldn't wait to head out!

The other 3 are my 1 year old Sydney as a pumpkin (far left, in the doorway, she stayed home to hand out candy) 6 year old Jack as Superman, and 5 year old Mia Bella as Strawberella (strawberry shortcake/cinderella)

I hope everyone else had a fun Halloween! Any pics to share?

Crissy mama to Jack 7.16.01 ~ Mia Bella 10.29.02
Angus Pickle 2.24.04 ~ Sydney Bean 10.26.06 & Kater Tot 2.15.09

Looking for fun lunch ideas for kids? Check out my blog: BentOnBetterLunches!
November 4th, 2007, 12:05 PM
Tammyjh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yes, it sounds like he did very well and I'm glad he had fun He is an adorable little teletubby and has and he also has a cute brother and sisters too.

Our Halloween went ok for the most part. The trick or treating went real well and Abby went this year. She liked it and we kept it short...less than an hour and they got more than enough candy. We stopped by a party after TorT and that went ok for a while but Abby kept trying to isolate her little sister(kacie) away from the rest of the kids and eventually became very rude so she had to sit in the van with my and my 6 yr old(he got cold and it was an outdoor party). Swearing and moodiness filled the ride home and she ended up going right to clean up time and bed.

"...They're supposed to make you miserable! That's why they're family!" ~ Bobby ~ Supernatural
November 11th, 2007, 06:12 AM
outnumbered's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to outnumbered
Yeah! They all look so cute! I'm glad it went well for him and it sounds like people understood about the knock-knock thing! LOL

Here are some pics of Hunter and his brothers. I thought for sure he'd want to be Harry Potter this year because he's been watching the movies and has shown interest in reading the books with me. But he wanted something scary (to scare the girls in his classroom) so he picked the ghost from he movie Scream, but also, he has another scary mask here at home, so he went to school and wore wht Scream mask first with the long black robe, and then half way through the party he switched masks to fool his friends! LOL All his idea.

Devin was Go, Diego, Go! and Bryce was a hot chilli pepper. There's a story behind this. I had planned on just using Devin's old baby sized skeleton costume, but got both Hunter and Devin new ones. When Hunter heard Bryce wasn't getting a new one, he got upset and said Bryce needed a new one, specifically the chilli pepper costume because "He needs some spice in his life" and he told me he'd give me the $10.00 in his piggy bank!

I am a breastfeeding, cloth diapering, co-sleeping, no crying it out, baby wearing mama of 3 boys, one of which has autism. Meet my boys here (having technical difficulties with my website). My blogs are On Top of Mt. Laundry and The Cache Checkers.

Most frequently found at the Cloth Diapering board but also a member of the July '05 PR, Austim board and the Choosing Not To Vaccinate board.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search