Jay's evaluation

Forum: Children with Developmental Delays and Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Developmental Delays and Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 13th, 2007, 09:34 AM
Platinum Supermommy
They are concerned about Cognition,Communication, Social/Emotional and Adaptive. That all fell under Eligible for Early intervention and at risk for Physical.

They think that he may have the problems with being aggressive because he is having problems with Communicating. He likes to do silly stuff like Peekaboo and they suggested doing that with each family member. She also suggested to show Jay how toys are meant to play with. He is limited to how he plays with toys. For example instead of pushing his car he flips it over and spins the wheels. They also suggested trying to work with him on doing a activity for a longer period of time because he jumps from activity to activity.

So we will have a therapist come out once a week. I am supposed to get a call at the end of the week.
November 13th, 2007, 10:35 AM
picklesmama's Avatar <;,><
I am glad they were able to identify his problems and that he qualifies for Early Interevention, that's great!
One of my fears before our eval was that Gus wouldn't be exhibiting any of his quirks that day and would come across as too normal and not qualify for any therapy even though I knew something wasn't right with him.
It's good that you trusted your instincts and got the eval
What does your SO think now that a professional agrees with you?

Crissy mama to Jack 7.16.01 ~ Mia Bella 10.29.02
Angus Pickle 2.24.04 ~ Sydney Bean 10.26.06 & Kater Tot 2.15.09

Looking for fun lunch ideas for kids? Check out my blog: BentOnBetterLunches!
November 13th, 2007, 12:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Crissy I had the same fear. SO has not really said anything. What is there to say.
November 13th, 2007, 05:14 PM
Tammyjh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My dd was famous for not showing her quirks during the evals. Because her verbal skills were high and she was such a polite little thing, she just came off as charming But she still qualified for services because she had physical disabilities so a few of her therapists were able to see her quirks over time. Now that she's older, her quirks and moods are impossible to miss.

Anyway, its good that your little guy will be getting services. The sooner the better and hopefully you'll see a lot of progress in the coming days!!

"...They're supposed to make you miserable! That's why they're family!" ~ Bobby ~ Supernatural

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search