UPDATE ON JAY

Forum: Children with Developmental Delays and Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Developmental Delays and Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 2nd, 2007, 03:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Jay had his sencond visit with the therapist. She said that there was some red flags regarding Autism. When he plays and really gets into and you call him it takes awhile till he looks at you. She said she was also concered with the obsession with spinning of wheels. She is going to bring a OT next week. I called at hershey to get Jay evaluated for Autism. She said it would be a 3-4 month wait.
December 3rd, 2007, 03:30 AM
picklesmama's Avatar <;,><
Gus is still like that, he gets really involved in what he is doing and totally unaware of anyone around him, it's had to get his attention.
Wow 3-4 months, that is a long wait! Maybe after the OT sees him they will be able to help you get to see someone sooner...

Crissy mama to Jack 7.16.01 ~ Mia Bella 10.29.02
Angus Pickle 2.24.04 ~ Sydney Bean 10.26.06 & Kater Tot 2.15.09

Looking for fun lunch ideas for kids? Check out my blog: BentOnBetterLunches!
December 3rd, 2007, 09:07 AM
Mjp121212's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think 3-4 months is a good wait! Where I wanna go its a 6-8 month wait! We waited 3 months for ours....but we were lucky and were one of the first clients they had too....

Thanks to Maitri for my wonderful siggy!
December 3rd, 2007, 01:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yeah 3-4 months is not bad for around here. I called a place closer to us and the wait is up to 8 months! Hershey medical is really good place for pediatrics. The lady I talked to said the Physcolgist is really good and through and is well no around here. I talked to Jay's ped and he told me not to worry. He still thinks nothing is wrong but he agrees that its good to get him evaluated.

The agression is what has been really hard. Usually if I say be gentle or give hugs he does it. Then its back to hitting. He used to spin in circles alot then he stopped for awhile and now he does it again. When he does it he does it for a lengthy period of time. I am just glad his therapist has the same concerns and does not thing I am crazy. She thinks he may have Asperger's.
December 3rd, 2007, 09:59 PM
picklesmama's Avatar <;,><
I guess I got lucky, my wait was 1 month

Crissy mama to Jack 7.16.01 ~ Mia Bella 10.29.02
Angus Pickle 2.24.04 ~ Sydney Bean 10.26.06 & Kater Tot 2.15.09

Looking for fun lunch ideas for kids? Check out my blog: BentOnBetterLunches!
December 5th, 2007, 09:05 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Wow on month is not long. I think its pretty normal to have a longer wait here. The theraist did notice Jay spinning around alot yesterday. She said she noticed that his eyes looked outwards while doing it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search