We have a appt for Jay's evaluation

Forum: Children with Developmental Delays and Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Developmental Delays and Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 27th, 2007, 09:26 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Someone called me for his appt to be evulated for Autism. She called on monday and we take him in feb 21st at 8:30am. So thats less thena 2 month wait. Not bad at all!

Jay went to NY over the weekend with Jay. He did not really talk about how it went though. Though when Jay came home he was acting out alot. DH was trying to say I made Jay the way he is. I tried to let that go on one ear and out the other. It hurt though. He thinks because I held Jonathan alot and co-sleep with him he is jealous and that is why he is so agressive with thois brother. I am sure there is some jealousy. He was saying how I did not hold Jay a whole lot as a baby. He did not need to be held alot and he constantly saying that I make Jonathan clingy. Jonathan gets seperation anxiety pretty much anytime I leave his sight. I tried telling dh thats its normal for kids this age to have it. Its actually a good thing! He keeps comparing the to. Well Jay is not clingy. Well not all the kids are the same! Jonathan does not want to be held to much unless he wants to nurse now. I am thinking that dh is in denial that there is more going on with Jay.
December 27th, 2007, 09:38 PM
picklesmama's Avatar <;,><
That's great you got a date for your evaluation!
It's pretty normal to look for a reason why our kids are the way they are, something to blame, something to say we can avoid doing with the other kids, something we can somehow undo... it's unfortunate your hubby is putting that on you - and I'm glad you aren't taking it to heart, that you know it's not your fault... hopefully he will come around and realize that too.

Crissy mama to Jack 7.16.01 ~ Mia Bella 10.29.02
Angus Pickle 2.24.04 ~ Sydney Bean 10.26.06 & Kater Tot 2.15.09

Looking for fun lunch ideas for kids? Check out my blog: BentOnBetterLunches!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search