Hi!

Forum: Children with Developmental Delays and Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Subscribe To Children with Developmental Delays and Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools

January 24th, 2008, 02:49 PM
Sweetpea0708's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Sweetpea0708 Send a message via MSN to Sweetpea0708 Send a message via Yahoo to Sweetpea0708
Hi, I'm Frances from NY and expecting my first child. MY BF's DS is autistic, and I thought I'd come by and spend some time here....to learn more and possibly share from my own experiences....My Bf's DS (Tony) is 7, and currently at the motor/cognitive level of a 1-2 year old, but I am happy to say he is definitely progressing. He still stims, though we try and redirect it to something more constructive. He also suffers from having two club feet at birth (the mother was anorexic during pregnancy) and had to have 3 surgeries to correct his feet and ankles. He no longer wears his leg braces, but is still hindered in some ways. His feet will never be completely "normal", but at least it allows him to support himself in walking and running....that's all from me!

January 25th, 2008, 06:45 AM
picklesmama's Avatar <;,><
Hi Frances !
Congratulations on your baby on the way, and welcome to the board! I'm Crissy, mama to nearly 4 year old Angus aka Gus aka Pickle, he has autism. Gus has made huge progress this year, he was almost non-verbal on his 3rd birthday, and here we are approaching his 4th and he can speak somewhat clearly and in short sentences!
Glad to meet you

Crissy mama to Jack 7.16.01 ~ Mia Bella 10.29.02
Angus Pickle 2.24.04 ~ Sydney Bean 10.26.06 & Kater Tot 2.15.09

Looking for fun lunch ideas for kids? Check out my blog: BentOnBetterLunches!

Topic Tools