Crissy (picklesmama)

Forum: Children with Developmental Delays and Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Developmental Delays and Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 27th, 2008, 05:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I was wondering where you got Gus's trampoline. I really want to get one like that for Jay because he really likes jumping.
February 29th, 2008, 10:54 PM
picklesmama's Avatar <;,><
This is the one we have, mostly red w/ navy bounce surface from Sensational Beginnings

This one is exactly the same, same price, just mostly navy w/red bounce surface, from One Step Ahead

I agree with most of the Reviews for the product. It does take a strong person (or 2) to get the bungee cord on, and the screws do need to be tightened from time to time, especially with 4 kids on and off it all day. It could be improved, but it is certainly adequate for what we wanted. I did a lot of looking for these and consulted Gus' therapists and this is the best we found and the price is nicer than those available through special needs retailers. Gus loves it, and uses it daily!

It isn't quite as convenient to fold as you would think though, we just leave ours out. The legs do fold in but they are bungee'd on, not on a hinge, so they don't stay flat, and I worry about pinching my finger - I'm such a clutz - and the handle doesn't fold down, it comes off - but the base of the handle still sticks out, so it's not flat, and you have to unscrew the handle to remove it - a pain. Angus and the other kids use it so much anyways we just leave it up. They sit on it as well, it's not in the way.

Crissy mama to Jack 7.16.01 ~ Mia Bella 10.29.02
Angus Pickle 2.24.04 ~ Sydney Bean 10.26.06 & Kater Tot 2.15.09

Looking for fun lunch ideas for kids? Check out my blog: BentOnBetterLunches!
March 1st, 2008, 07:01 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thank you. Not sure dh would pay that price. Jay's OT is bringing one of those small trampolines for Jay to use next time she comes. So if he likes it I am going to see if dh will get one.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search