Lets talk routines

Forum: Children with Developmental Delays and Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Developmental Delays and Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 29th, 2008, 11:11 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am wondering what everyone schedule for there ASD child.

We do not have real set one now but I am working on a more constructed routine

Right now Jay wakes up pretty early. Lat few days its been about 5am. Usually its 6am.

6am wake up, I get dressed then diaper changes and get the boys dressed
I get breakfast ready
6:30am breakfast then I clean up
7am Jay watches the wiggles while I clean up.
7:30am we do some kind of play. I try but it does not always work.
8:30am snack- Usually consists of some goldfish crackers, yogurt, or pudding
9am we do rice play while I watch montel.
10am Jay watched the doodlebops and I start on lunch
10:30am we have lunch ( I know its early lunch but we have breakfast early}
11am-1-1:30pm naptime
After nap we usually have a snack and I let Jay play or we sit and play on the floor with the tv on.
5pm is dinner time and then usually I turn something on for Jay to watch and I clean up all the dishes ect.. Then we play in the living room.
Around 6:00-6:30 pm every other I give the boys a bath
At 7pm I start saying Jay's favroite bedtime story. I turn off the light while saying the story and put him in his crib. Then I crank up his flash light.

I am working on having a more constructed schedule. Like at a certain time we work on scribbling on paper or putting stickers on paper. Sometimes I try play dough. It does not always go well. Jay has a super short attention span. I always try though.
February 29th, 2008, 02:16 PM
outnumbered's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to outnumbered
No real routine anymore, he doesn't need them.

He doesn't seem to need an alarm clock, he wakes himself up about 6 or 6:30 and watches cartoons until 7, when he starts getting ready for school.

He gets home and watches TV until 5 and does homework. Eats dinner, does whatever (no TV) until 8 when he takes a shower and gets ready for bed. In bed by 9, light's off at 9:30.

I am a breastfeeding, cloth diapering, co-sleeping, no crying it out, baby wearing mama of 3 boys, one of which has autism. Meet my boys here (having technical difficulties with my website). My blogs are On Top of Mt. Laundry and The Cache Checkers.

Most frequently found at the Cloth Diapering board but also a member of the July '05 PR, Austim board and the Choosing Not To Vaccinate board.

February 29th, 2008, 08:27 PM
MrsStuartD's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Cameron wakes up between 6-7am.
He needs to snuggle for at least 45min on the sofa before he's even ready to consider waking up
from 7am to 10am the TV is on his fave programs
at 9am he eats 2 eggs (every morning)
then we get dressed and head out the door (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday we go to a playgroup and Thursday's he has speech therapy)
Lunch is at noon every day
1pm is nap time
3pm he wakes up
again he needs to snuggle for at least 45min
Snack
Then it's craft time (usually just stickers and coloring with markers, sometimes we have finger painting)
5pm is supper
6pm is play time (tickling, horse play, energetic fun play, mimic play, song and dance, etc.)
7pm More quiet play (reading or more crafts)
8pm 30min of The Wiggles
8:30 bed time (every night no question) He will go up the stairs if we aren't ready to take him.

Thanks Nicole (MommaDucks) for my new & awesome siggy.
March 2nd, 2008, 11:20 AM
Tammyjh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
6 am time to get cleaned up and dressed for school
6:15 - 7:15 packing backpack, eating breakfast and making sure everything is ready to head out the door when the van arrives
7:15 school van picks her up
2:00pm arrives home from school
She takes care of her back pack and then plays her nintendo ds or her Barbies in her room
3:15 have to go to the bus stop to pick up the other kids
3:40 arrive back home
From then, its basically unstructured time until supper which is any time after 5:30 but usually before 6:30
The time is not structured because I am usually chasing my 2 yr old around and making sure the other two are doing their homework...helping them with it if they need to.
7:00pm she gets her shower
7:30 snack time
8:00 bedtime.
Some days the schedule is a bit different because she has a counseling appt. on Monday mornings now and will be starting with a physical therapist outside of school on Wed. We also have two separate appts. a week for the ladies from in home supports but they're usually in and out while she's at school. One lady has just started staying later so she'll be here when Abby gets home. We would really like someone to be here when the whole family is home so they could get a better idea on what "really" happens when the chaos begins

Wow, we're more structured than I thought.

"...They're supposed to make you miserable! That's why they're family!" ~ Bobby ~ Supernatural

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search