So excited

Forum: Children with Developmental Delays and Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Developmental Delays and Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 7th, 2008, 08:56 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I know some stuff now that Jay will play with. His OT brought over a wooden farm animals puzzle. I believe its a Mellisa and Doug. Well when you put the puzzle piece in it makes the noise in the animal. Jay played with it for about 5 minutes. For him 5 minutes are good because his attention span is really short. There is a toy store nearby that sells Mellisa and Doug stuff and stuff you can not find in other toy stores. I called to see if they have and they do. So we will be picking one up today. Either that or I will see if they have one with cars because he loves cars. Then we are going to Barnes and Nobles to look for that "Wheels On The Bus" book. I want to look for a book for myself. I just got done reading "Louder then words". I started " Elephant in the playroom" I want to pick up facing autism. I heard that one is suspossed to be good. We are also getting bubbles. We found out Jay loves when you blow bubbles and we are going to get a trampoline.
March 7th, 2008, 12:24 PM
MrsStuartD's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Have fun shopping! That will all be so great for Jay! Can't wait for you to get back and tell us how he is doing with all his new toys!

Thanks Nicole (MommaDucks) for my new & awesome siggy.
March 8th, 2008, 08:57 AM
Tammyjh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Cool I hope you had a good shopping trip and that he loves his new toys Abby spent many hours doing puzzles when she was little and she loved bubbles as well.

I just lent a book to one of dd's teachers by Temple Grandin and can't remember the name of it for the life of me
I think its "Labled Autistic"...something like that. She has another that I want to read called "Thinking In Pictures".

"...They're supposed to make you miserable! That's why they're family!" ~ Bobby ~ Supernatural
March 8th, 2008, 09:36 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We did not get the book because it was expensive and Jay was not really intrested in it. I did get the puzzle and dh got a bubble gun. He also got a little tikes helicopter. When you press the button over and over the blades spin and it lights up. He loves it. We did not get a trampoline yet. I am going to call a few stores and gets prices.
March 8th, 2008, 07:25 PM
picklesmama's Avatar <;,><
Oh, I can just see him loving that helicopter. Glad you had a good time shopping!

Crissy mama to Jack 7.16.01 ~ Mia Bella 10.29.02
Angus Pickle 2.24.04 ~ Sydney Bean 10.26.06 & Kater Tot 2.15.09

Looking for fun lunch ideas for kids? Check out my blog: BentOnBetterLunches!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search