Back home!

Forum: Children with Developmental Delays and Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Developmental Delays and Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 25th, 2008, 09:49 AM
picklesmama's Avatar <;,><
We've been at my parent's in BC since last Thursday, and we got home late last night. Gus is already clamoring to go back to Grandma & Grandpa's house! My folks hid Easter candies and treats for the kids on Sunday, and even Gus got into the hunt - it was so fun watching them!
Gus was very good on the drive there and back - even though we had to wait in the border lineup - thank the stars somebody invented vehicle DVD players! He is sooooo into Bee Movie these days, it's his favorite
He had a hard time settling down to sleep away from home, I had to stay up with him until he was absolutely exhausted before I could put him in the bed - even though my folks have made an awesome kids' guest room with a space theme, Jack and Mia love it. Gus loves it too, but it's not his bed at home, so he balks at going to bed. To keep the peace for the rest of the family, I don't force him, we just stay up doing something quiet like Lego until he is ready to drop and then he doesn't fuss.
Yesterday I took my grandmother to the mall and brought Gus with me. I left the older 2 and the baby with my folks but they just aren't up to handling Gus if he throws a fit. I know he is a handful, but it sure would have been nice to leave him and have a break. I'll be glad when hubby gets home next week! It's been a month since I've had any time to myself! Anyways, the mall was alternately fun and too much for him. he enjoyed the skylight at the centre of the mall. They have a children's play area there, but he wasn't interested in that (too crowded) - he enjoyed staring up at the geomoetric skylight - it does have a lot of panes and it is nice to look at I suppose My grandma bought him a musical Uniqua doll (Backyardigans) and he toted that everywhere. We took several rides on the escalator, he gets a kick out of those. He enjoyed following a line in the tiled floor through the mall but it was slow going as he wouldn't go around people, he wanted to stay on the line Part of the time just to get from A to B quicker I wore him on my back in my Beco carrier.
He had a meltdown at the MacDonalds where we had lunch, over the automatic dryer in the bathroom - he just can't handle the sound of those, always sends him into a fit of sobbing, he gets really upset. This one was really loud too I try to get us in and out before someone pushes the button on them but I didn't make it this time.
I'm glad I brought his frozen pizza's that he likes because they didn't have that brand in Richmond!
Oh, almost forgot, my brother gave Gus a haircut! Big time Much as I loved his mop of hair, it was getting such a pain to clean him after a meal, he puts his messy (very messy) hands in his hair - so I had my brother give him a buzz with the clippers! We did it in my mom's bathroom. Gus was very tolerant - we went slow and let him touch the clippers first so he could feel the vibration and see that they wouldn't cut him, and we let him see in the mirror as we went. I promised he could vacuum after, he loves to do that, so every time he started to fuss I reminded him and he held still again It is soooo short! He got to vacuum as promised, and laughed when he sucked up all his shorn hair I'll post a pic soon.

So that's our update over the last few days. How was everyone else's Easter long weekend?

Crissy mama to Jack 7.16.01 ~ Mia Bella 10.29.02
Angus Pickle 2.24.04 ~ Sydney Bean 10.26.06 & Kater Tot 2.15.09

Looking for fun lunch ideas for kids? Check out my blog: BentOnBetterLunches!
March 25th, 2008, 12:32 PM
MrsStuartD's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You've been busy! Sounds like you have a great time. We had Tyler baptized on Easter Sunday and I made a cold lunch for our family and um I invited the whole church. So ya I spent all day Saturday making food. But it turned out fantastic and everyone loved it. We did an Easter egg hunt with Cameron on Monday when everyone was gone and it was quiet and he really liked it! I wasn't sure he would be ready yet but he was and after a few eggs he got the hang of it pretty quick.

Thanks Nicole (MommaDucks) for my new & awesome siggy.
March 28th, 2008, 05:42 PM
~Jess~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Crissy, I'd just like to say that I really admire you. Your overwhelming love, understanding, and patience really shines thru when you talk about your little Gus.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search