Evenflo Triumph Advance (EFTA)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Car Seat Information & Reviews LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 14th, 2009, 08:06 AM
Madeline410's Avatar Maddie
Send a message via Yahoo to Madeline410
Triumph Advance? LX Convertible Car Seat, Harbortown

Product Overview:

Seat Name: Evenflo Triumph Advance (EFTA)
Manufacturer: Evenflo
Sear Style: Convertible
Rear Facing Weight Limit: 35lbs
Forward Facing Weight Limit: 50lbs
Rear Facing Height Limit: RF, this seat can be used until child’s head is one inch from the top of the shell OR they hit 35 pounds, whichever comes first.
Forward Facing Height Limit: FF, this seat can be used until the child's shoulders are taller than the highest harness setting OR the tops of their ears go higher than the shell, OR they reach 50 pounds, whichever comes first.
Lowest harness height setting: 7" with infant support, 8" without infant support. (great for newborns!)
Tallest harness height setting: 17.5"

Installation and Use:

Installation: Very easy! This seat might need a foam pool noodle to get the correct recline angle, but it's still an easy install with seat belt or LATCH.

Harness Use: EXTREMELY EASY! The harness height is changed by simply sliding the red tabs up or down until they "click" into place. You always keep the straps on this seat even with your child's shoulders. To tighten or loosen the straps, all you do is twist a knob. It's almost fool proof!

Cleaning: The cover comes off with very little effort. Just unhook the plastic tabs around the edges and open the velcro flap, and voila! ALWAYS FOLLOW MANUFACTURER'S DIRECTIONS FOR WASHING A CAR SEAT. NEVER SUBMERGE HARNESS STRAPS IN WATER OR USE ANY HARSH CHEMICALS TO CLEAN THE SEAT, COVER, OR HARNESS.

Other:
The cover design was changed in August 2009 because the overlapping velcro was hurting LO's backs.
The top tether on this seat might not be long enough for all vehicles depending on where your tether anchor is located. A tether extended is available from Evenflo, though.

Summary:

Pros:
-SO easy! If I had to pick the easiest seat to use that's currently on the market, this is it. Very grandparent/daddy/babysitter friendly
-Nice tall shell to keep kids RF to 35 pounds!
-Lots of leg room for RF.
-Fits newborns very well!

Cons:
-50 pound harness. I wish it harnessed until 65 pounds.
-In some cars, the harness adjusted knobs can get buried in the seat, making it hard to adjust.

Pictures:

2½ year old RF with LOTS of room left! (child can RF until the reach 35 pounds OR they have less than 1" of shell above their head, whichever comes first.)

3½ years old and still RF in this seat!

He was 34+ pounds (3¾ years old) when this was taken. He still had plenty of shell height when he reached the RF weight limit on this seat!

1 year old and 3 year old RF with lots of room left!

95% of kids aren't in their car seats safely.
Click here to see how your child should look!

A rear-facing child is 75% less likely to die in a crash. Click here to learn more!

Are you installing your car seats correctly?
to watch my installation videos,
click HERE!

Last edited by Madeline410; August 14th, 2009 at 08:09 AM.
August 15th, 2009, 06:31 PM
amylynne01's Avatar One happy mama
Maddie said a lot, so I'll give my two cents.

Summary:

Pros:
- The easiest seat I've used
- Looks like a big easy chair for your child
- Lots of room to grow so a child can RF to the 35 lb limit
- Seat is deep leaving lots of leg room for RFing children
- Easy to install RFing or FFing using LATCH or a seat belt

Cons:
- Wish it had a higher harnessing limit
- There are only 3 reclining angles - infant and 2 upright ones - wish there was something in between for older babies who don't need the full recline but who aren't ready for fully upright
- Heavy! If you have to move it around, it's a bit of a beast
September 22nd, 2009, 07:09 AM
Veteran
I own this seat as well and I'm about to return it...My LO is 13 months old, but very petite (17lbs 5oz) I think the seat is too big for her. I'm having trouble with the recline (we currently have 1 noodle and it was installed by a CSST) and when she falls asleep she bends almost completely to the side. Also, I'm noticing that the part where the harness locks in (where it comes up around her hips) digs into her belly. I think she is too small to fit this seat properly.

Thanks Mary for the amazing PR Siggy

Thanks MamaLacey for the wonderful siggy!

September 25th, 2009, 03:10 PM
Veteran
I cant say enough good things about this seat. I Love it!
we chose it because it was ranked #1 (with a britax) for safety, but about $100 cheaper.

Ill just ditto everyone's pros & add a con:
the crotch strap is very short, so the sides will dig into DS' bare legs if his shorts ride up. I always have to make sure they are pulled down.

October 6th, 2009, 02:11 AM
.h00dihoo.this.'s Avatar *Siggy.Legend*
Send a message via MSN to .h00dihoo.this. Send a message via Yahoo to .h00dihoo.this.
i just bought this chair the other day (the exact one pictured actually)... so far i LOVE it!.. my son is 20 months, but petite for his age in weight.. he only weighs about 21lbs.. 22 at the most. but he is very tall for his age, at 37 inches.. i have the feeling he will def outgrow the height, before he does the weight lol..

but like said above.. its a greatly rated carseat, for 100 bucks less than the competitor!

i bought this carseat bc of its large size! i wanted something my son sits IN and not just on (like most)

my con:

the straps are very slick and thinner than my sons last carseat.. so the chest buckle tends to slide easily!

im trying to find one of those strap things that goes on each strap... under the chest buckle.. and u raise it along with the chest buckle.. so that the chest buckle doesnt slip.. if anyone knows where i can find that, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PM me!!! i would greatly appreciate it!!! looking at the carseat saftey board siggy, the young boy, Braedan has it on his straps if no one understood what i was tlaking about lol!
October 7th, 2009, 08:15 AM
Madeline410's Avatar Maddie
Send a message via Yahoo to Madeline410
Oh, those are called HUGS and they are only for Britax seats that come with them. They are actually for reducing forward movement in a crash, not for keeping the chest clip up or, like I thought, keeping the harness from twisting LOL.

95% of kids aren't in their car seats safely.
Click here to see how your child should look!

A rear-facing child is 75% less likely to die in a crash. Click here to learn more!

Are you installing your car seats correctly?
to watch my installation videos,
click HERE!

October 14th, 2009, 08:19 AM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have this seat, it was the first one I bought for Julian. It is installed in my sisters Ford Explorer, and I have had it installed in my mini van that I no longer have and attempted a ford focus, but couldn't get it installed and have room for the front seats to be comfy, so that is when I bought the Marathon. BUT regardless I love this seat and I am ALWAYS recommending it.

Pros:
*I love the easy adjustment of the harness! So simple even when baby/toddler is RF
* The fabric is great...does not get HOT in the summer months as most.
* Super easy RF install with LATCH.
*The price is GREAT, for the safety of it.
* I have NEVER had the straps twist, and have used it over a year!!!
* At this point my child is 20mths old and is 28lbs and a lil tall for his age, and fits GREAT has excellent leg room and space to grow

Cons
* I have found it is difficult to install FF using the LATCH. The straps are short and if your seats are angled down ti makes it difficult to get them down in the seat far enough.
* My straps always need readjusting...one side is looser than the other.
* Do agree with PP, is VERY heavy
* Not great for small cars, but perfect for bigger ones such as SUVs and vans.
February 14th, 2011, 08:59 AM
~*Mandy*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We've had 2 of these seats for almost a year and I overall really love them!

Pros:
- Its super easy! My MIL has a hard time generally getting the harness in other carseats the right positions and tighting it enough. Its super easy in this carseat even she can do it! That says ALOT.
Even though it has a 35lb rear face weight limit the shell is a lot higher than other carsesats so if you have a tall and skinny or even average child this carseat should get you past 3 rear facing!
Really comfy. My daughter has complained other carseats made her hurt but she hasn't had complaints about this one.
Easy to install I love that the padding can lift up so you don't have to shove your hand through the back of the carseat to pull the belt through. Makes it easy for dh to install too!

ETA: I started using this carseat with my 2 year old daughter rear facing, and my 6 month old son rear facing. I was able to get the proper fit for both of them and didn't find the carseat too big for my little guy. I liked that this carseat seemed to cradle him and protect him.

Cons:
I wish it harnessed up to 65lbs but w/ my kids I don't think weight will become an issue.
When rear facing the knob can get dug into the seat of the car making it hard to adjust.
Its heavy if you NEED to switch it out inbetween vehicles. (although if your doing that regularly i'd buy another carseat!)

*Thank you *Sharon* for my amazing siggy!*

Last edited by ~*Mandy*~; February 14th, 2011 at 09:03 AM.
May 6th, 2011, 01:34 PM
~*3 little bears*~'s Avatar Jack~Mack~Brooke~Baby
Send a message via AIM to ~*3 little bears*~
We have had 3 (my mom has two of them in her car now) of these seats and 1 of the newer marathon model. We love them and my mom also likes them. I think I have to agree with all of the pros and cons.

Con:
Bulky, heavy and wide
for some reason the seats always leave a red mark in the middle of my kids backs but it has never seemed to bother them
two of the ones we have use the metal clips instead of the LATCH
if you wash the seat covers the padding gets all crazy jumbled up inside

Pros:
Wide and comfy for kiddos
great safety at a great price
really easy to install
at the time that we bought ours there are not girly colored fabric options
incredibly easy harness adjustment

Tags
efta , evenflo

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic: