Safety 1st Complete Air

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Car Seat Information & Reviews LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 12th, 2010, 08:57 AM
Madeline410's Avatar Maddie
Send a message via Yahoo to Madeline410
Safety 1st Complete Air featuring Air Protect $200-280 depending on the model (*NOTE: this is NOT the LX model and does not have a base.)
Safety 1st | Complete Air? Convertible Car Seat

Rear Facing weight limit: 5-40 pounds
Forward Facing weight limit: 22-50 pounds
Bottom slot height: ~10.5"
Top slot height: 17"
Shell height: 27" to the top of the head rest, 25" to the top of the shell itself
3 crotch strap slots, though the 3rd one out can't be use for RF. All 3 are safe for FF.

PROS:
This is one of the best options for extended rear facing! The shell is very tall and there is a lot of leg room, so it's great for keeping toddlers/preschoolers rear facing.

The slot height is extremely easy to adjust, no re-threading or uninstalling the seat to change it. Just squeeze the two handle above the head rest and slide it up or down.

Awesome Side Impact Protection. The head wings are not only great to keep sleeping heads supported, but the Air Protect pillows offer lots of head protection.

CONS:
Bottom slot height is too high to fit a newborn safely.

It can install very upright, so you will most likely need a pool noodle or rolled up towel to get a proper recline, especially for a younger baby. (though an upright install IS a good thing in smaller cars so it will take up less space. It can be TOO upright though so make sure it is between 30-45 degrees. Ask us if you are unsure)

The harness may be difficult to tighten. Some people don't have a problem, but I have to use one hand to tighten the harness from the back of the seat (I usually grab the splitter plate) and then use the other hand to tighten the strap in the front. I try not to adjust it since it's a pain. It's all one long harness strap, so you can pull on one side to make it longer which helps get them in and out without loosening the harness. This can also be a pain thought because you have to make sure both sides are even so the harness fits properly.

You have to remove the cover at the belt path to get a good installation (which is typical for most seats), however, the cover wraps all the way around the bottom of the seat, so once it's installed, you can't get the cover all the way back on. You just kind of tuck it back down lol. It's fine though.

4 years, 35 lbs, 40"

4 years 3 months, 35.5 lbs, 40.5" (at the next slot up from the previous pic)

This was him at 3 years 8 months and 38" tall. This shows how much growing room he has! TONS!

and to compare shell height, that's an Evenflo Triumph Advance on the left and a Graco My Ride 65 on the right.

26 months, 28lbs, 37" tall. TONS of room left for RF!

95% of kids aren't in their car seats safely.
Click here to see how your child should look!

A rear-facing child is 75% less likely to die in a crash. Click here to learn more!

Are you installing your car seats correctly?
to watch my installation videos,
click HERE!

February 21st, 2010, 04:41 AM
M!che!!e's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: NYC born and raised. Now stationed in Savannah, Ga HAAF!
Send a message via MSN to M!che!!e Send a message via Yahoo to M!che!!e
thank you so much for the tutorial! i lurk on the car seat board and i have truly become an advocate to my friends for the best seats out there. anyways, i remember when you posted about the complete air and i was intrigued. i had planned on getting a britax boulevard/advocate for him

two weeks ago, target had an insane sale on the complete air where not only was it marked down to $219 but i got a $40 gift card that the manager let me put towards the sale of the seat. i bought it for my son, who is almost out of his infant seat (peg perego prima viaggio sip).

when i got home i couldn't wait to take it out of the box. the straps are right at my son's shoulder at the lowest setting so we decided to wait a month or two to install it, to ensure he fits in it better.

anyways, thanks for the tutorial. trying to explain to my husband why we need to look into getting a pool noodle when we don't have a pool this early in the morning was a chore. anyways, i do have one question, when rear facing, is it allowed to touch the seat in front of it?

May 28th, 2010, 10:38 AM
Spacey Stacy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
LOVE this car seat!! It was so easy to install, you don't have to remove it to move the harness straps up or down and now Hayden has a place to rest his head and he looks so comfortable in it!!

June 2nd, 2010, 10:27 AM
Jade27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just bought this car seat, but I am having a problem with the sides where it says this line must be level to the ground, anyone have a picture showing how the line compares with the ground?
June 2nd, 2010, 02:57 PM
Madeline410's Avatar Maddie
Send a message via Yahoo to Madeline410
The line is for a 45 degree angle, and it's only required for newborns.. and newborns don't even fit into this seat, so it's just silly lol. You can install it much more upright for a baby that can sit unsupported.

95% of kids aren't in their car seats safely.
Click here to see how your child should look!

A rear-facing child is 75% less likely to die in a crash. Click here to learn more!

Are you installing your car seats correctly?
to watch my installation videos,
click HERE!

Tags
complete air , safety 1st

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search