Update from me :)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To AIP Grads LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 5th, 2010, 10:07 PM
GraysMama's Avatar AKA marriedc
I know I never post in AIP anymore, but I always check and stalk

AIP was where I first posted in JM and you all made me feel so welcome and it's with great pleasure that I announce I had my baby boy

Grayson Aaron was born October 1st, 2010 at 11:20am via c-section... I posted his birth story in my DDC, but thought I could post it here too... With lots of pics!

I also wanted to say that while I don't post on AIP anymore, I do stalk a lot of you and I sincerely appreciate all that you guys did, whether it was advice or encouragement or just words, while we were trying to get pregnant...
_________
C-section was scheduled for October 1st... I was told to get to the hospital by 6:30am. But not wanting to tempt anything, we got there at 6am.

The admissions woman was late (Ugh) and then tried to tell me I wasn't booked for a c-section. I showed her all my paper work and she was still adamant that I hadn't been booked in. I started to get upset with her and she had to get on the phone to sort it out. I wasn't leaving - that I was sure of. Anyway, after wasting about 30 minutes, she finally got it sorted and was really huffy with me - but whatever. Thankfully, that was the only bad thing that happened!

I went up to the maternity ward and had a shower and they shaved my tummy where the incision would be made. Kevin and my MIL were sitting with me and our midwife came in and said by about 10:30 I'd be down in the surgery suite. I kept expecting to get nervous or anxious or something, but I was so super calm (looking back, it's freaky how calm I was!)

It was time, so they wheeled my bed down to the surgery area... Kevin was with me and started to look very nervous. The drs, anesthesiologist, surgeons, nurses and everyone came and introduced themselves and explained all the steps we'd be going through... I was wheeled into a room while Kev had to hang back and scrub in.

They placed my IV and I was laying there waiting for the nerves to kick in. The staff were joking with me and I felt really good. I was comfortable the whole time. Next it was into the operating theatre to get the spinal block and while it was uncomfortable, it really wasn't as painful as I expected. Not too long after, I no longer felt like I had legs LOL!

Kev came in - all scrubbed and dressed as a doc LOL - and the anesthesiologist was explaining what was about to happen. [Side note: I have to praise him - I really think he helped me feel calm the entire time... He had excellent bed side manner and was a champ at cheering me on!]. I couldn't feel any pain, but I did feel stuff happening - if you know what I mean?

Kev kept holding my hand and I could tell how excited and nervous he was. The surgeon said that she was going to have to use forceps to get his head out because he was big... Seconds later, I heard his first cry. I burst into tears (even typing it now is making me tear up LOL). I looked at Kevin and all he kept saying was "wow". They lowered the curtain for us to see him and then took him quickly to check him out. Grayson had made his way into the world with a hearty cry at 11:20am.

Kevin went over with the nurses while they cleaned Grayson up a bit and weighed him... His apgars were 9 and 9 and he weighed in at 3985g (8.78542 lb) and his length was 54cm (21.25in). Kev cut the umbilical cord and Grayson was wrapped into a warm blanket and brought over to me. I couldn't hold him - obviously - so Kevin held him and kept him close to my face. We decided then and there that his name would be Grayson Aaron... We had always said that we'd name him when we saw him... But I did let Kevin have the final say, really.

I got impatient when they were stitching me up - I just wanted to hold my baby... But once they'd done it, Grayson was placed on my chest and we were covered in heated towels and wheeled into recovery.

They checked Gray's blood sugar levels and mine, we were both pretty low so I was given a lemonade to get my levels up and Gray was put on the breast... They told me they'd be checking his blood levels every three hours for the first 24 hours, and if it didn't improve, then he'd have to spend time in the special care unit...

At this point, Kev's phone was going crazy with all the family who were waiting for news. We managed to send out some texts to everyone with some pics and after about 30 minutes in recovery, we were told we were good and were wheeled upstairs to the maternity ward.

Grayson's blood sugar levels were a bit worrying, but they finally picked up at about 3am so the special care unit signed him off that he was good and healthy. He's been with me ever since he arrived into the world - thank God he had no problems at all and is a little over achiever!

I had to stay in the hospital for 72 hours - which is the minimum they'll keep you after a c-section. But it was OK. My incision hasn't been a problem at all and the dr's were really happy with both our progress... So we're at home now and getting used to have another little person in the house

He's a champ at breast feeding (and he likes to EAT!) but sometimes he gets lazy and doesn't wanna latch, so I've also been expressing, but he's only on breast milk... He's a very quiet little boy but he loves a cuddle and he's really inquisitive...

Kevin is proud as punch - the instant change in him was amazing to see... Grayson is Kevin's mini-me and we just got baby pictures of Kevin and him and Grayson are twins! (I'll have to scan the pics to show you guys).

Wow - this got long - LOL Sorry!

Siggy by Heather (Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* ) / View My Siggy Gallery // Request a Siggy

October 13th, 2010, 01:45 PM
rubyredslipperz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats Chelsea!! He is absolutely beautiful!! Please feel free to hang out on AIP esp if you and Kevin decide to have more babies..

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search