How much of your kids Painting, drawing and crafts do you keep?

Forum: Moms of Preschoolers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Preschoolers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 4th, 2014, 11:47 PM
After things have been displayed on the fridge for months I then put it into a box, but i realise this can't go on endlessly, especially when my child starts school and brings bits home everyday.

How do you decide what to keep and what to throw?
February 5th, 2014, 10:16 AM
i:heart:you's Avatar Super Moderator
I usually keep the cute stuff like hand prints, crafts and things like that. He is always so proud of his work so it's hard to choose.
April 15th, 2014, 09:15 AM
Its so hard! I have one that doesn't care and the other tears up if she sees us throw anything away! We just explain that we can't keep everything. I have one box for each of them that we add to per year of their "best" projects.
April 16th, 2014, 08:36 AM
rachelc0's Avatar 2 sons, 3 angel babies
i try to keep as much as possible. the problem with that, is a lot of the projects Kale brings home, he wants to play with and they end up getting ripped, stained or torn by either him or his brother, then we have to throw it away.

10/06/2008 - Miscarriage @ 6wks
12/08/2009 - Healthy Baby Boy
11/02/2011 - Healthy Baby Boy
06/09/2014 - Stillborn @ 39wks 6days
08/09/2014 - Miscarriage @ 5wks
09/03/2014 - Chemical Pregnancy
April 18th, 2014, 02:34 AM
I don't have the heart to throw anything away! What I've done is made separate cardboard boxes in my storeroom, one pertaining to every year/grade. And I stock up everything, with the latest ones adorning our refrigerator
May 9th, 2014, 04:52 PM
New_England_Girl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh, man, they make so much stuff! I can't possibly keep everything from 3 kids, so I keep my favorites, display the rest on the fridge for a few weeks, and then toss them.

Married to my best friend for a decade.
Mom to:

Cassidy, 6.5 yrs. Born 10/23/07, 7 pounds 10 ounces, 20 in.

Joel, 4.75 yrs. Born 6/23/09, 9 pounds 12 ounces, 21 in.

Timothy, 2 yrs. Born 3/20/12, 9 pounds 4 ounces, 22.5 in.

June 11th, 2014, 02:40 AM
I keep everything in a file. It's something that will remind me of his age and when he's going to be older I'm going to show him what he's done for me when he was younger!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search