lock down drills for the preschool

Forum: Moms of Preschoolers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Preschoolers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 14th, 2014, 02:08 PM
rachelc0's Avatar 2 sons, 2 angel babies
i don't like it. i don't like it because it makes me upset to think that things have come to feeling the need to practice one. granted the preschool is in the elementary school, but it makes me sad.

fortunately they keep it very upbeat and not scary. kale was telling me when the man (principle) comes on and says its a lock down, then they get to sit on the carpet in a circle and play a whispering game, and the teacher puts a black strip over the door window, and locks the door. it's good to know he really doesn't understand why (because i think if he did, he would be scared) but its upsetting that we have to practice that in this day-in-age.

February 27th, 2014, 11:27 AM
i:heart:you's Avatar Super Moderator
It is sad that our world has come to this, but I do like that they practice it because they would know what to do in case of an emergency. It really makes you think twice about homeschooling!

**Thank you Bokkechick for my awesome siggy**
May 9th, 2014, 05:01 PM
New_England_Girl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

At least they tech the drill without being scary.

Married to my best friend for a decade.
Mom to:

Cassidy, 6.5 yrs. Born 10/23/07, 7 pounds 10 ounces, 20 in.

Joel, 4.75 yrs. Born 6/23/09, 9 pounds 12 ounces, 21 in.

Timothy, 2 yrs. Born 3/20/12, 9 pounds 4 ounces, 22.5 in.

May 12th, 2014, 07:54 AM
rachelc0's Avatar 2 sons, 2 angel babies
well, scary update. his preschool is in a very small town (of like less than a thousand people) and the preschool is in the elementary school which is attached to the middle and high schools (just one big building for everybody). about a week and a half ago, in the middle school portion, they found something they were saying was like a 'hit list' or 'kill list' that two students had penned together, listing several other middle school students. officials say it was more of something they wrote down and didn't intend on doing anything about, but still.

i suppose this is exactly why they have the lock down :/

June 13th, 2014, 05:20 PM
Jodi Dawn's Avatar Host of the Jan-July 05 P
Send a message via Yahoo to Jodi Dawn
at my childrens' schools they all squeeze into the classroom bathroom and lock both doors and turn the lights off. even at the preschool that is a part of the school

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search