Big breakthrough in potty training!

Forum: Potty Training

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Potty Training LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 6th, 2009, 04:20 PM
MommyBear's Avatar Veteran
I know that all last week I posted how Eric really isn't ready for potty training and that I was going to wait a couple months. Well this weekend, he was fighting with me when I was trying to put a diaper on him so I gave up and let him go around naked. I put his potty seat out in the living room and told him if he didn't want a diaper on then he would have the pee in the potty....and guess what! For the rest of the day he peed on the potty all by himself. It was like all of a sudden he figured out what it felt like when he was about to pee and he would hold it until he sat on the potty. Today is Wednesday and he has peed on the potty ever since Saturday as long as I let him go around with no diaper and no pants and if I put the potty seat in the living room so that he sees it. I'm going to keep this up and slowly begin putting underwear on him. I haven't put the underwear on yet because I'm afraid he will think it's okay to pee in them. I plan on going out this weekend and getting him waterproof underwear covers. He still doesn't poop on the potty.

Wish us luck!

May 6th, 2009, 06:11 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
*claps* that's fantastic! That's what happened with GAby, one day she just... started going!

May 7th, 2009, 11:55 AM
megal40's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Small steps are great. Our potty seat sat in the corner of the kitchen for about two weeks. It was just easier for her to remember and for us to get her there quickly. Slowly we have moved it to the bathroom. She also spent several days with no pants on! The stories we will have to tell when they are teenagers and we want to embarrass them!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search