New!

Forum: Potty Training

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Potty Training LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 8th, 2010, 02:32 PM
dream2bemommy22's Avatar and baby makes 5
Hi, My name is Shannon( 24) and i have 2 kids, Mackenzie 22 months and Charlie 2 months.

Last week, Mackenzie decided she wanted to start potty training. She came up to me every day that week, at least once a day and would tell me she had to go pee pee, and so i would take her to her potty and she would go. i think at the time it was more of a "fun" thing for her, since she got to take her diaper off.

On thursday, i decided i would see how she did, but still kept a diaper on her. I asked her once an hour to go on the potty and she did each time, although her diaper was still wet in between potty breaks.

On friday i decided that since she did so well the day before, that i would really start doing it. I took off her diaper, and never looked back!! lol
She had only 1 accident on friday, and for the most part went on the potty every 20-25 minutes when the timer went off. the only time she had an accident was right before bed when daddy forgot to ask her ( who was new to the potty training, since he just got home from work) she had just drank a glass of milk, and he didnt know to ask her right away.
since then, i would say we have only had maybe 1 accident a day.

we have still been using diapers at nap and bedtime, but during the day we are diaper free.

the first few days i let her run around with a bare butt, just to get used to going on the potty and not in a diaper or undies. the last 2 days, i have been keeping undies on her the whole time, and things have been going well. Although, she doesnt understand about pooping on the potty yet, she still tries ( and did) go poop in her undies. i think she thinks of it as a diaper and a "safe" place to go. ive tried to catch her before she goes, but i cant watch her 24/7 since i do have another baby that needs my attention too.
Any advice on how to get her to understand not to poop in the undies??

Also, when she isnt wearing underwear, she will put herself on the potty whenever she has to go, we dont have to remind her, but when she is wearing them, she doesnt really do that. i find that about once an hour we have to remind her to go.
Any advice on how to get her to just go on her own?

Like i said, im very new to this. we werent expecting to potty train this early, but Mackenzie had other plans, lol.
February 8th, 2010, 06:11 PM
*1Boy1Girl*
Any advice on how to get her to understand not to poop in the undies??

Right now, don't worry about the poop's int he undies. It's going to be a pain in the butt, but she'll either learn to hold it until she gets in her diaper for nap/bedtime, or she'll eventually just go in the potty in which case, PRAISE HER BIGGER THAN HER PEE!!! Poops are going to be the hardest to catch and it's the hardest for them to let go of. Once you can catch on in the potty with her, then she'll get the idea, otherwise it's just a wait and see kind of thing, unfortunately.

Any advice on how to get her to just go on her own?

She's still getting the hang of it, so don't rush her into going by herself just yet. She obviously does know how to go on her own since she does it while naked. Give it time with the undies. She'll get the hang of it. She's going to have to learn to wear undies, so try to be consistent in doing that. Keep reminding her and eventually, you can start to increase the time on her after about a week or so without accidents. When you notice she hasn't had an accident, that's when you increase the time. Once she gets the feeling of needing to go, she'll be able to go on her own, and the rest will be gravy.

Welcome to the board and looking forward to getting to know you more and help you with this journey!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search