new, would like some help..

Forum: Potty Training

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Potty Training LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 14th, 2010, 09:32 AM
Larudy24's Avatar Veteran
hi, i am new here. i am also in the sept ddc and i would like my son out of diapers before i have another baby in diapersl. he is just turning 2. He will go pee in the potty if you remind him, which keeps his diapers dry most of the day, but i can never catch him to poop on the toilet. he will hide, usually behind the curtains or under his bed if he has to poop. Why? he loves to pee in the toilet, loves to flush, but pooping seems to be a shameful thing he hides to do..i'm lost on this one.

Read more: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...#ixzz0fX57IkN7 (Is this normal...)

Thank you Ameriguat for my beautiful Siggy!

February 14th, 2010, 12:43 PM
*1Boy1Girl*
Poop is one of the hardest thing for them to get rid of. Once you can catch on though, you will never look back. Try to let him know that pooping on the toilet is a big thing and that if he goes poopy on the potty he gets a VERY special treat (whatever you want him to have that he doesn't get very often - food, stickers, a day at Mcdonalds, whatever). Make him realize that pooping is not a shameful thing and try to make it "fun" for lack of a better word.

Once you can get him to go the first time, the rest should be gravy, and unfortunately, as they get older, you have no idea when they are doing it until after it's too late. If you see he's beginning to pace or start to find a place ot hide, get him to the pot immediately and let him set there for a bit. There's nothing wrong with him sitting on the pot for a little bit. While he's on there, massage his tummy, tell him it's ok that he can just let it go, and reinforce that special treat.

When he actually does it, put on the greatest spectacle that you can to show him that you are happy and that pooping on the potty is a positive thing. When he sees how happy you are, that's when it will click and he'll go on his own.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search