Small Toilet Training Pull-Ups/Easy Ups....

Forum: Potty Training

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Potty Training LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 10th, 2010, 02:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy
in your experience which were smaller? Pampers Easy Ups or Huggies Pull Up's?

My DD is 18 months old, we are not actively toilet training but I always sit her on the toilet before bath time and whenever she says she needs to "wee wee" I am sick of putting her diaper on and off so I was looking at using pull ups for when we are home so its easier to pull them up and down.

My DD is skinny we are still in size 3 diapers, the smallest easy ups are size 4 and huggies pull ups are size 2T-3T

what would you recommend? I can't use size 4 pampers cruisers as they leak because the leg and waist are too big.

ETA- she is 20lbs and wears size 12 months pants (to get a waist size idea)
March 10th, 2010, 02:53 PM
*1Boy1Girl*
Wow, she's teeny!! How cute!!

I'll be honest, I did the Pampers pull-ups and HATED them. They leaked on my son, so we used the Huggies brand and it worked much better with him, but then he was perfect in height and weight in order to wear them

I would try the Huggies brand first. Just get a small bag of them first. They fit pretty snug in my opinion. And they are velcro on the side, so you can probably adjust it a little bit, not a lot, but try to see if it will work for you.
March 10th, 2010, 06:34 PM
our son is 2 and daughter is 1. she is in size 2T-3T girls huggies pull ups. he is in size 2T-3T boys pull ups, same brand. they always wore huggies. we tried luvs as babies but they suck, same with pampers so huggies it is
March 10th, 2010, 07:22 PM
*1Boy1Girl*
Woo!! KUP on how it works!
March 10th, 2010, 08:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
i bought a small pack of each to see which fits her best!! I am not hopeful though as they seem quite big... her size 3 pampers tabs almost touch!

Will KUP! she LOVES to sit on the toilet and read her books (just like her daddy ) so far she hasn't "done" anything but I am just trying to get her used to it before we start training! which I think will be around August/September, I am having another baby at the end of June so I don't want to do anything now (because honestly I think she is too young, and I don't want regression issues)
March 11th, 2010, 07:46 AM
*1Boy1Girl*
Yep, usually starting this early can lead to regression issues. The typical potty training ages are between 2-3 years of age, so you still have some time. I started Caleb at 26 months - January 1 to be exact of 2009. He was fully pee trained in a 6 months (meaning no accidents), poop trained after 9 months, and fully potty trained by 10 months. I wanted him mostly potty trained by the time my daughter was born that year (July), and he was for the most part trained (pee), so I was happy with that.

I just hope my daughter is just as easy.
May 9th, 2011, 01:33 PM
I am having the same problem, my daughter is 21 months and yesterday asked to go on the potty, we haven't even been working on it, just have it in the bathroom. And her first attempt she went #2, I was shocked! She's gone #1 a few times today. But she is tiny, like 21lbs, only in the 5th percentile and the huggies pull ups I bought are big on her. Would love to know if anyone finds some that run smaller. Thanks so much, and good luck to all of you
May 9th, 2011, 10:40 PM
challowell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I will tell you I tried Pampers on Rachel and she peed straight through. The huggies do run big in the regular ones. Try their Nighttime ones. They run a little smaller so they may work for you. Good Luck.
May 10th, 2011, 11:24 PM
♥RainyLane's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ♥RainyLane Send a message via MSN to ♥RainyLane Send a message via Yahoo to ♥RainyLane
If It were me I would just get some thick trainers. You can also get cloth trainers that have a waterproof layer in them. Pull ups (in my opinion) are just glorified diapers. We started my son at 17.5 months (because we decided we were ready to commit the time and effort, he showed none of the "signs") and he did great.

If you can't find underwear or trainers small enough there is a really easy tutorial to fix larger ones to fit better on your LO. Or you can get them pretty reasonably priced from WAHMs on etsy and hyenacart.

We went naked at home until he got the hang of things and then went straight to underwear, with cloth waterproof trainers while out at "important" places (friend's homes and church) until we felt more comfortable. When he was 20 months old we had his little brother, and he had some accidents a bit for a few days but after that, he was fine. No real "regression" as far as I could see. Just went about it like we normally would.
July 26th, 2014, 11:08 AM
A lot of brands make pull up swimmers in smaller sizes, might be an option.
August 24th, 2014, 12:40 AM
Hey all,

check it out the free video on link below......maybe it can answer some of your questions
Free Potty Training In 3 Days Video

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search