Arrrgggghhh!

Forum: Potty Training

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Potty Training LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 19th, 2010, 08:35 AM
amberjolie's Avatar Super Mommy
Over 3 and he's not getting very far!

My oldest two were fully trained by just over 3 years, but this little guy is making me pull my hair out!

Doesn't matter what sort of reward I try (or punishment - trying to take away stickers now), even tried sticking him directly in underwear and let him feel wet. Either way, he just doesn't care.

He starts showing promise, and then poof! all gone.

He currently really doesn't care anymore if I take a sticker away if he pees in his pullup. The first couple of times he cried, but now it doesn't phase him.

Maybe I should try having him stand up to pee. Maybe he'll find it fun that way?

Any suggestions?

March 19th, 2010, 09:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to SilverRose Send a message via Yahoo to SilverRose
I at first tried candy and when that didn't work I went to stickers and that worked amazing. After a few days she stopped asking for stickers after she peed or pooped.

Thank you, Jaidynsmum for my beautiful signature.

March 19th, 2010, 11:02 AM
*1Boy1Girl*
Sounds to me like you have a stubborn one. LOL.

At this point, find something that works with him. Try him standing up. he might find that fun actually, especially if you put something in the toilet that he can aim at.

Alot of people say to use cheerios, but I have my doubts on that one because my son would actually go in the toilet, fetch it out and probably eat it. LOL. However, your son might not work that way. Try the cheerios and see if that works. Don't put a lot, becuase it can clog up your system, but just a few (like 3-4) will be ok.

Let us know how it works. In the meantime, I'll see what I can find about stubborn children and potty training to make it fun.

This won't go on forever. It will eventually click with him. Try and get your older kids involved too if they are able. Seeing older siblings might actually make it click, and he might listen to them too.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search