Help

Forum: Potty Training

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Potty Training LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 27th, 2010, 08:10 AM
becker206's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Here is the trouble I am having with Lydia. I am up for any suggestions from you ladies. She will go pee and poop every single time she has to in her potty and all by herself, she will go in sit on her potty, do her business, wipe her parts, dump everything in the big potty and flush. However as soon as she has a diaper, panties or pull-up on she thinks it is okay to pee and poop in them and not go to the potty... how do I break this!?!?

March 27th, 2010, 09:48 AM
*1Boy1Girl*
That's one reason why I don't recommend to naked train because it can delay the panty process. Not in all cases, but the majority of them.

here's what I would recommend, put her in panties and "retrain" her. Take her every 30 minutes at first until she goes (just so that you can gauge how long she can hold it, then once you figure that out, then take her that many times.

Since she's already "trained" it shouldn't take that long to break her, and just make a big deal of it when she goes potty in the potty even with her panties on.

When she doesn't have an accident, give her a food treat - I used peanut M&Ms for my son, and that worked like a charm. Do that for a couple of days, and she should be good as golden.

KUP on how she's doing!
March 27th, 2010, 10:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
i am not sure how old your little one is but my son was fully TT by 2yrs of age including night time. make toileting a positive experience for her. if she does her business in her pants, let her know that is ok as there is always another time to do it in the toilet. get rid of the toilet training pants, go straight onto underwear. thats what we did. they dont like the feeling of being wet as the nappies etc soak up the urine and the poo, well it just sits there. by using a mixture of things, it sends mixed messages to her.

be careful with what rewards you use as using lollies and chocolates, they expect them all the time. maybe if she does 10 wees, she gets an extra trip to the park or something like that.

good luck with it
March 28th, 2010, 11:53 AM
*1Boy1Girl*
As for the foot motivators, you can wean them off of that. For my son, after he was pee trained, we told him that "now you get treats for when you go poo in the toilet" which he didn't do until around two and a half. So, he didn't get a m&M for awhile. LOL. He transitioned very well. Could be my child, or course, but it can be done. Just switch it over to the next training.

Oh, and if you do go the M&M route, just give her one. You don't need to give her several.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search