Regressing after a year

Forum: Potty Training

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Potty Training LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 30th, 2010, 06:47 PM
My daughter was fully potty trained by February of 2009 and just this past February she has been having accidents after accidents. It is never when we are at a store which is usually the most inconvenient time to potty. She on the other hand wants to go every store. She has a fascination with the sinks and clean hands. Her issue lies more at night and at daycare. I can see accidents at night however she didn't have them for a year. Now I dont know what to do. We have tried all sorts of reward systems and punishments. I can't handle it. She is going to be 4 on Monday and I don't know what to do. She starts preschool in a real school environment in the fall and I can not have this. We drove all the way from NJ to Disney in July and not one accident and we drove straight through with minimal potty breaks. She did great.

Does anyone have any suggestions. PLEASE !!!!!
March 30th, 2010, 08:51 PM
*1Boy1Girl*
Well first of all, don't punish her for having accidents. Even though she is going to be four there are always going to be accidents and some regressions. A child can have accidents up until the age of six, so it's going to happen whether she was trained for an extended period of time or not.

Even though she was trained, still try to make it a positive thing even if it makes you frustrated and angry. I have to remind myself to do the same, so you are not alone in that. I have found in some of the ladies stories here where there is some regression aroundthrre years if age where they all of a sudden regress and have accidents. I have no idea why it happens but it could just be an age thing and a phase.

Continue to make it positive for her as much as you can and continue to encourage her to go in the potty. She'll get back on track again way before preschool again. I promise.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search