Need tips for poop training

Forum: Potty Training

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Potty Training LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 4th, 2010, 07:58 AM
Moldovandish's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies! I posted on here a couple of months ago needing tips for potty training in general. Well DD is doing very well with it and she's been in panties for a few days now with very few accidents. She pees on the potty great and can hold it in for an hour or sometimes more at a time during the day and has woken up dry from her naps and nighttime sleep these days.

But she still poops in her panties. Only once I caught her in time and she pooped on the potty. She poops a couple of times a day, so that can get messy and we're getting ready for a trip to Europe at the end of next week, so I need some advise in how to encourage her to poop on the potty. How long does it take for them to get it typically from the point they are pee-trained?

Baby Caleb - born on Sept. 15, 11.31 pm, 8 lb. 15 oz.
May 4th, 2010, 09:49 AM
*1Boy1Girl*
Poop training is difficult becuase it's one of the last things they have control over and it takes awhile to break them of the habit.

You pretty much just have to catch one, praise to no end, give treats and make it a point to really get through that what she did was a GREAT thing. Every time she does a poop, give her a treat.

With my son, it took a good couple of months to get ok with going poop in the potty. But once he did it one time, we've never looked back.

Just be diligent, and she'll get there.
May 4th, 2010, 10:38 AM
Thanks! That's good to know. I guess we'll have to deal with daily laundry for a while longer:-)

May 4th, 2010, 10:45 AM
*1Boy1Girl*
I was lucky in that department. Caleb waited until we put him in his pull-ups for bed for the night.

But night-training, is a whole other brand of training. LOL
May 12th, 2010, 07:43 AM
Alexa's still pooping in her panties and I keep encouraging her to go to the bathroom , but she's still not there yet with that. SHe's great with the peeing during the day. No accidents in over a week.
We are leaving for Europe on Friday and I'm thinking of putting her in pull-ups for the duration of the trip - simply because she typically poops twice a day and I won't always be able to take the time to clean up her mess. We'll put her back in panties as soon as we get to where we are going (except for around sleep times because she's still hit or miss with waking up dry at night).
Hope it works well!

May 27th, 2010, 08:26 AM
~Lindsay~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am glad you asked this, because my daughter refuses to poop on the potty too. I thought I'd beat her at her own game by making her naked, and she ran into the kitchen and pooped on the floor before I caught her. I am thinking she is not quite ready for #2 yet, but I am glad I read the tips others gave you. so thanks everyone!

May 30th, 2010, 08:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to SilverRose Send a message via Yahoo to SilverRose
In the begining it was hit or miss on pooping in the potty. At one point, she managed to catch herself and sit on the potty in time. I praised her through the roof. She didn't always catch it in time and I would have to clean it up, but when she did make it I'd praise her like crazy and it wasn't long after that that she would go all day with next to no accidents. I had her almost completely trained except for a pee accident once in a while. That is until her dad and I split up about a year ago, I'm just really getting back into it. So I wish us both luck!

Thank you, Jaidynsmum for my beautiful signature.

June 27th, 2010, 05:54 PM
Zoostergirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My dd poop trained about 2-3 weeks after she pee trained. It was pretty easy looking back on it, but at the time I remember feeling like she'd never be able to poop on the potty.

She was almost three. I always knew when she was about to poop (she'd go hide). So I kept my hawk-like eyes on her and when she hid I'd ask if she'd try on the potty. She always willingly sat on the potty, but just couldn't do it. I remember her saying, "I can't do it Mommy. I just can't do it." I felt totally bad for her because she really wanted to. So we'd put a diaper on and she'd go hide and poop in that. Then one day she just did it. We were both totally surprised and proud! There was no looking back after that.

June 29th, 2010, 12:10 PM
becker206's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was just coming here to post this same thing. My daughter has been peeing in the potty for over a week with no pee accidents, yet she always poops in her panties.

I almost feel like its just that she is so active she cannot stand to sit on the potty and wait for the poop to come. She also goes and hides behind a recliner in the living room when she goes. I have tried putting her on the potty when I can tell she needs to poop and she will sit for just 3 seconds and jump off.

I really hope she gets it soon!!!

August 23rd, 2010, 04:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I started potty training in June, and pooping has been a problem since then! He has only pooped on the potty 5 times in the past 3 months, lol. I have a chart with stickers, bribe him with new toys, chuck e cheese, outings, etc. When he did poop, I made a HUGE deal out of it, and we called grandma & papa & everyone. But he still won't do it. I thought we had it b/c he did it two days in a row. But then quit.

He hides to poop so I try to catch him, but even if I do, he'll sit on the potty for a few seconds then say "I dont have to go" or flat out refuse to get on the potty even if I put him on it... I'm so frustrated =( I'm scared he's gonna be pooping in his pants til he's like 4 or 5!!!! He turns 3 in oct....

August 23rd, 2010, 09:17 PM
Meticulosity's Avatar Veteran
Aimee posted this article and it sounds great. Let us know if you try it and how it works!

GREAT article on delayed potty training - Article Comments - View topic - mama to mama - Children - Potty Training : Denver Colorado Neighbors

August 29th, 2010, 06:52 PM
~Lindsay~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticulosity View Post
thanks for posting!!

September 2nd, 2010, 06:51 PM
Captain Pieffle
I never tell my daughter the difference between panties and pull ups. she knows they are different, but I still call them panties. When Brooke pooped in her panties, I normally ask her where her pee goes, she says in the potty, and I ask her where poop goes, she replies with in the potty, I ask her where mommy and daddy poop, I never try to make her feel bad, just want to educate her on where her poop is supposed to go. I also rewarded poops with 2 smarties. She's been potty trained (day trained) for just over a month now, no accidents at all.

I tried threatening to throw the panties out when she poops in them, but she asks to take them to the garbage...so that doesn't work with her...but might for your DD if she LOVES her panties.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search