Hi ladies I have a few questions

Forum: Potty Training

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Potty Training LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 13th, 2010, 09:21 PM
šošSAHMšoš's Avatar Yes I have mouse ears on
My son is 17 months old, we have got him to pee on the potty twice and today he took his diaper off and sat on the potty but didnt go.

I have been told that 17 months is to young to start training, at what age did you start training?

At what point do I buy pull ups?

Any potty training tips would be great!

As of now all we are doing is putting him on the potty every time we change him, at what point do I do more and what do I do?

Sorry if these are stupid questions, but I'm clueless as far as potty training goes.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my siggy
May 14th, 2010, 06:37 AM
challowell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I waited untill Rachel started showing signs of wanting to go potty(following me in bathroom telling me she peed, hiding to go in diaper) We started at about 20 months with her but I think the pullups have slowed her down(and the fear of getting her potty dirty). We try to put her in regular underwear through the day and use pull ups for car rides and bedtime. I take Rachel potty every 45 minuites and she tries to go. It don't always happen but when she does go I give her a treat(applesauce or cookie, her favorite foods). It is hard at first but if he is showing signs go for it.
May 14th, 2010, 08:46 PM
sunqueen's Avatar Super Mommy
I have been told that 17 months is to young to start training, at what age did you start training?

We took the diaper of Luka when he was 16 1/2 months old....he seemed interested in the potty at that point and we thought we should use the "window"! He was fully potty trained (day) a couple of months later and another couple of months later - after two weeks with dry diapers - we took it off at night!

At what point do I buy pull ups?

NEVER!! If you want my personal opinion...might as well keep the diapers then...because he'll still know that it's "ok" to go and he'll not feel that it's not comfortable!

Any potty training tips would be great!

Consistency! And againg in my opinion the diaper is either on or off...no in betweens!!

May 15th, 2010, 09:20 PM
šošSAHMšoš's Avatar Yes I have mouse ears on
Thanks ladies

Thanks *Kiliki* for my siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search