Potty training regression

Forum: Potty Training

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Potty Training LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 18th, 2010, 09:31 AM
New_England_Girl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, you ladies must see this a lot

My 2.5 year-old was doing really well going on the potty, pee and poop, but she had an episode of constipation last week and now won't even think about using the potty. Suggestions?

Cassidy (my daughter) is a tiny girl who has kidney reflux and who suffers from periodic episodes of painful constipation once every 2 months or so. I try to keep her 'loose' as it were with plenty of fruit and fiber, but sometimes it just happens, and then she spends 2 or 3 days crying and trying to poop before it finally clears. Is this cause for concern or normal? How will this affect her potty training long-term? Anyone have a similar experience?

Married to my best friend for a decade.
Mom to:

Cassidy, 6.5 yrs. Born 10/23/07, 7 pounds 10 ounces, 20 in.

Joel, 4.75 yrs. Born 6/23/09, 9 pounds 12 ounces, 21 in.

Timothy, 2 yrs. Born 3/20/12, 9 pounds 4 ounces, 22.5 in.

May 18th, 2010, 02:03 PM
mommabirdof4
I have no experience...but I am sorry that she has to go through that. I hope she starts to get back into the grove again!
May 19th, 2010, 09:58 PM
~DaemonMykailasMum~'s Avatar 1 of Each is such a Treat
My son was pooping and peeing on the potty at about 2.5-3 yrs.. He got severely constipated, and i mean severely.. We ended up having to use an enema, but because even the soft stuff was just backing up behind the blockage, and he was only having (TMI) lil bits seeping out around it.. Finally we did the enema because he was going on day 4 with no normal sized poop, and he was starting to get flushed and sick looking... He exploded... it happened again a week later, so my doc put him on this 4 week regimen of "Lactulose" its a mild laxative/regulator, doesnt give him the runs, but just regulates him, so he hasnt been constipated since (Was xmas time the really bad two times..) about 6 months ago.. BUT Now he REFUSES to poop on the potty, just refuses... He pee's all day every day, but tries to hold his poop in.. so it comes out in little bits.. If I try and sit him on the potty to poop, he freaks right out and refuses.. Im at a loss.. I really dont know what to do, ive tried EVERYTHING in the books, internet, friends and family, etc etc.. Tonight he pooped a little bit in the bath, I immediately got him out, dried him off, and put him on the potty.. I was really surprised when he didnt flip out to "Let him down".. He pushed once and said "Its tooo haard" and I said "You know what Daemon, it is a little bit hard sometimes, but you just gota keep trying.. You just relax and read a book while I find your PJ's, and stuff okay?" and I gave him a book.. When I came back he said "I DID IT!" And had this shocked look on his face.. He stood up and sure enough there was a poop in there, wasnt a big one or anything, just a little one, but it was a poop! He hasnt pooped in the toilet in about a year! Its been in diapers and in his underwear.. So I was pretty excited.. Im just hoping he keeps at it, hes guna be 4 in October!

May 20th, 2010, 05:30 AM
mommabirdof4
That is wonderful news about your son!! I can just imagion how proud of himself he was....heck I was proud of him just reading the story! What a big boy...and how strong of him to try even though he was scared!

we are just starting on this Potty Learning Journey...my son is 23 months and Saturday he decided he would like to pee in the potty...which he does great but no poop in the potty yet...of course he has only pooped twice since then so not many chances. Plus we have the oppisite problem..my son has bowel issues that cause him to have very loose stools.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search