Staying Dry At Night?

Forum: Potty Training

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Potty Training LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 13th, 2010, 02:42 PM
My son turned 3 on March 30th and is almost officially potty trained. We're only on day 4 and he hasn't had a single accident in 2 days and is staying dry during nap time. When can I expect him to stay dry through the entire night?
June 15th, 2010, 12:33 PM
kerian's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
sorry, i am no help on this. we havent officially started potty training yet!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy

June 15th, 2010, 07:30 PM
Seanaci's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Seanaci Send a message via MSN to Seanaci
Congrats! We JUST started my son out yesterday.

Staying dry though the night is the longest potty training process. It will really depend on your kiddo.

My nephew (who is almost 5, and was potty trained at 3.5 years old) I think took almost a year to wake up dry in the mornings.

Good luck!
June 28th, 2010, 09:09 AM
Zoostergirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When they wake up dry in their diaper or pull-up, that's when they're ready. My dd night-trained at the same time she day-trained, just before age 3. But she has always had really good bladder control. She can easily go 4-6+ hours without peeing during the day.

July 29th, 2010, 01:58 AM
Yes, check her nappy when she wakes up in the morning. If you experience three days with dry nappy in the morning, let him sleep the following evening without one. As for my DD, she stopped peeing during her sleep even before we potty trained her. So it was only day-training we did, as she pretty much night-trained herself ahead of time.

Last edited by Believe_it; September 1st, 2010 at 07:00 PM.
August 1st, 2010, 06:47 PM
MamaInLove's Avatar Blessed mom of 2
My son did it almost as soon as he started going on the potty. One trick is cut liquids off 2 hours before bedtime and remind them to "go" before you put them down for the night.

August 14th, 2010, 08:43 PM
Super Mommy
i'm no help my ds is 6 and has never woken up dry. For the first time today he woke up and said "I'm so sick of these dumb diapers!" so tonight he's in underwear (with a waterproof pad under him!)
Jamie ~ 7-12-04 ~ fun, crazy, transformer loving tough-guy mama's boy
and
Joey ~ 4-4-09 ~ born sleeping ~ held under my heart for 40wk1d, in my arms for just 6 short hours but he will be in my heart forever
And finally holding my little girl,Felicity Rose, Born into Daddy's loving hands on June 9, 2010

August 15th, 2010, 12:17 PM
Meticulosity's Avatar Veteran
I also cut off liquids 2 hours before sleep and put him on the potty right before bed. I really try to get all the pee out of him before he goes to bed. If you want to speed up the process you can try putting him in his underwear and cotton pants (take off bedding - hopefully you have a plastic type mattress).

He will have a few cry's when he wets himself, but he will get the association much quicker. They are more than physically able to hold it overnight at that age, so it is a matter of creating the habit.

August 15th, 2010, 05:52 PM
sunqueen's Avatar Super Mommy
Luka had a dry diaper for 2 weeks when I decided to take the diaper off him....he had 2 accidents but nothing since. We never cut liquids though and he always drinks water during the night!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search