Anyone else have this issue? (xposted)

Forum: Potty Training

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Potty Training LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 16th, 2010, 01:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My almost 3 year old son, Ryan, woke up one day and decided he is potty trained. He is doing awesome, too. He will go at other peoples houses and our house just fine, but will NOT use public bathrooms. He is so scared of them! The weird thing is that in the first week he decided he was potty trained, he did use public bathrooms a couple of times, so I'm not sure why all of a sudden it's so terrifying for him.

I don't think it's the automatic flush because when it first started happening at the restaurant we go to each week, they don't have automatic flushes. No one has ever done or said anything bad to him in the bathroom either. Poor boy will literally hold it and do the pee pee dance until he cannot possibly hold it anymore. I'm sure that's not good for his bladder, but I just have no idea what to do.

If we are anywhere close to our house or his grandparents house while we are out, he asks to go there. What do you think I should do? Should I take him to their house, or mine, or should I put my foot down and tell him he needs to pee where we are?

I have tried everything I can think of to help him, lollypops, candy in general, stickers, praise. I really am stumped, does anyone have any suggestions on what to do?

June 16th, 2010, 08:49 PM
BlueEyedButterfly's Avatar Veteran
My son is 5 and he still wont use a public restroom unless he just cant hold it any longer. He has been potty trained since he was 3 also, and i have tried everything to get him to use a public restroom and nothing helps. The last time we went out and he really had to go I let his uncle take him, and the only way Mat could get my son to use the potty was to use it first. I haven't tried that myself but maybe if you go first he might be more willing to use it after.
June 18th, 2010, 01:24 PM
Seanaci's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Seanaci Send a message via MSN to Seanaci
Babies R Us has a portable potty seat...

Especially For Kids Potty Adapter Seat - Especially For Kids - Babies "R" Us

or

Mommy's Helper Folding Padded Potty Seat - Mommys Helper - Babies "R" Us

OR

Primo Folding Potty Seat with Handles - Bed Bath & Beyond

I'm an avid poster on a Disney board and hear great things about these portable seats, especially the last one (they're great for vacationing, hence why they are talked about and highly suggested).

I am seriously thinking of investing in one for my son (who is currently in the process of being potty trained).

Good luck...and hope this helps!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search