Where are you in the potty training journey?

Forum: Potty Training

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Potty Training LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 16th, 2010, 05:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to SilverRose Send a message via Yahoo to SilverRose
We are done with day training, we are working on night training right now.

Thank you, Jaidynsmum for my beautiful signature.

September 16th, 2010, 07:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
halfway... he pretty much always pees .... sometimes i think he is lazy/too busy playing and he pees on himself... idk why =(

he's definitely not anywhere near pooping =/

September 17th, 2010, 08:04 AM
Meticulosity's Avatar Veteran
Our guy is 1 and we started at 9.5 months. Almost all of his awake time pees are on the potty. Poos are a bit harder, he seems to hold these...or I just don't leave him on long enough? He actually used to do poos more on the potty when he was 10 months then he does now. My other challenge now is getting him to stay dry through naps and nighttime.

What age did you start Sarah? What did you do to get her to go poop on the potty consistently?

Last edited by Meticulosity; September 17th, 2010 at 08:09 AM.
September 17th, 2010, 11:03 AM
♥RainyLane's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ♥RainyLane Send a message via MSN to ♥RainyLane Send a message via Yahoo to ♥RainyLane
We have been doing it for maybe a month, month and a half and he actually does a lot better when out than at home... hah! He is hit or miss on the pooping but getting there. He takes naps naked from the waist down and if we don't get to him really fast after he wakes up he will usually pee in his potty we stick by the door (sleeps with the door shut). Otherwise he goes on the big potty after naps, he hasn't had an accident during naps for a very long time. Night time we aren't working on as it is too hot and we don't have central air, so he gets a cup of water in bed and because of that he pees a lot at night. He for the most part though is pretty accident free and keeps his underwear and pants dry really well
September 17th, 2010, 08:34 PM
That is awesome! How old is she now? Nevermind...I think I just saw it scroll by...she is 17 months? So you started just after a year? What made you decide to start at that time?.....it is considered early by most....(I think it's great)

Last edited by Meticulosity; September 17th, 2010 at 08:37 PM.
September 18th, 2010, 04:40 PM
Yep, I've heard the same....that's why I started at 10 months...I was scared.

September 24th, 2010, 08:27 PM
I've heard it's harder for boys too. Meticulosity, nice job starting so early!!! I'm getting laughed at by friends and family talking about starting to potty train my son now at 17 months! So, we'll see! Like I stated in another post. I'm looking online for some potty training methods. Will advise!!
October 13th, 2010, 05:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to SilverRose Send a message via Yahoo to SilverRose
At such a young age, they are eager to please and after a while it'll become second nature and they will tell u every time. Once they hit a certain age, they will just go to the bathroom on their own. Shar tells me she has to pee then she runs for the bathroom. And she likes her privacy. I say if a child refuses to pee on the potty try giving them some privacy and see how that works.

Thank you, Jaidynsmum for my beautiful signature.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search