Night training.. need help

Forum: Potty Training

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Potty Training LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 12th, 2010, 09:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to SilverRose Send a message via Yahoo to SilverRose
Sharlotte is 3, just turned 3 last month. She is fully potty trained during the day. But at night, it's a lost cause. She wakes up dry, but she won't go potty when she gets up. She waits till I can't see her and pees in her pull up then cries about it. I don't understand it. Why does she do that? She told me this morning she had to pee and then when I said "lets go potty" she started crying and said she already did and would I wipe her.

Thank you, Jaidynsmum for my beautiful signature.

October 12th, 2010, 01:21 PM
♥RainyLane's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ♥RainyLane Send a message via MSN to ♥RainyLane Send a message via Yahoo to ♥RainyLane
You may just need to bite the bullet and ditch the pull ups at night. That way she won't have the option of going in it in the morning. My son seems to have a max time of 8 hours at night, then he has to go pretty much straight away when he wakes up (he always wakes up when he needs to go) so I take him while he is sleeping when I go to bed and he pees when I sit him on the potty and doesn't really fully wake up. If I go at night too sometimes then I will take him so he doesn't have so much a feeling of urgency when he wakes up in the morning. It has been working really well for him and he has been diaperless at night for weeks now. He is a little younger though so I am hoping he will gain more control over time to hold it longer or learn to get up and go on his own at night. I don't know if that would help her as she is older but who knows?
October 13th, 2010, 05:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Shar is very determined and stubborn, but I will say that each time she wets the bed, it's less and less. I sleep on the couch in my living room and she sleeps on the floor, because the floor is easier to clean than my couch. I'm thinking of sleeping upstairs in her bed with her, because atleast it has a plastic sheet.

October 13th, 2010, 11:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Brayden's been wetting more during the night recently (maybe b/c it's getting cooler outside???). Anyway, I have these water-proof pads that I put down... so I don't have to change his sheets every single morning!!!! I just have to change the pad. and it's cloth and comfy so he doesn't even mind it.

October 14th, 2010, 11:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
well since she likes to sleep on the couch with me, I was thinking of A. either bringing down her water proof sheet and wrapping it around the couch and putting another sheet over top of that, to protect my couch and that way she can sleep on it with me.

October 15th, 2010, 11:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
yeah, that seems like a good idea!

oh yeah i forgot to add, Brayden still wears a diaper at night... but he still wakes up wet sometimes!!! Lol... maybe I need to get the next size up (although these fit him fine..... !?!? Idk...)

October 15th, 2010, 03:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sharlotte wears the 3t to 4t pull ups. I got enough to get through the next month, then after that I have to buy more.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search