Coming here for advice/tips!

Forum: Potty Training

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Potty Training LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 26th, 2010, 05:39 PM
Tamara0711's Avatar :)
Hi Ladies! My name's Tamara, I'm 24, my DH is 25 & our DS will be 4 in February.

He's been pee potty trained for a little over a year. And, it's been about 2 months since he's been bedtime potty trained. So, that leaves pooping on the potty. He just will not do it. Within the last year he's done it 2 or 3 times. But, apparently that was just a fluke. I've tried everything... encouraging, bribing, making it fun, all that kinda stuff! He just cries & cries that he wants a diaper. I've denied him a diaper a few times, but he will just hold it. That can't be good, so I give in.

What can I do?? I'll take any advice/tips. I know he will do it when he's ready, but I just don't understand WHY he won't. He's not afraid to sit on the potty, cuz sometimes he'll sit when he pees. HELP!!! TIA...
October 26th, 2010, 08:03 PM
challowell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
((HUGS)) I don't have any advise but I hope someone can help soon. I usually for Rachel take the pullup away and I know she will have to go sooner or later.
November 16th, 2010, 08:07 PM
Trish36's Avatar Mom of 4
Tamara I wish I could help you, but I have the same issue with my DD. Actually you are better off because at least he asks for a diaper and will do it. Be glad!!! My DD refuses to push. She will only go if she can't hold it in any longer. I've had to put her on a laxive to keep her BMs nice a lose, cause as soon as they get a bit harder and she has to actually work for it, she will hold it forever...then I have to do an enima etc.
I've tried everything also and am at my wits end.
I guess we just have to wait it out and eventually they will 'get it' and start pooping in the toilet. I hope you have better luck than me.

Project 365 - 2012: http://trisha2012.wordpress.com/

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

December 5th, 2010, 03:28 PM
MyDuckySam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MyDuckySam
this is a really hard transition for them. They HAVE to learn to push, think about it, if we keep their bowels too loose, then they wont' learn. Long-term laxative use isn't good.

Believe me, I've been there personally and with both of my boys. My odler son was on some form of laxative for 10 months, then we got him off. Six months later we were back on again. He's finally been off of it since January.

Make it a routine....same part of your day, put him on the potty and get him to TRY. We used a sticker chart from Target (back to school time is great for this stuff). He got a hand-written smiley if he at least tried and a sticker smiley if he went. When he went every day for a week, he got a trip to McDonald's.

when he filled his chart (4-5 weeks), he got a very special trip to the zoo with a train ride.

Buy an extra special toy that he really wants and put it on display. Tell him he can have it when he is pooping on the potty every day (or whatever routine you can get him to go.

oh, and Sam had withheld many times and I'd had to give him an enema and the liquid suppositories. he finally discovered he did NOT like those. So, I'd sit him on the toilet and give him teh option of pushing on his own or "medicine in his butt". maybe twice he opted for the medicine. (and this is after 4-5 days without a movemnt.)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search