First Timers vs. Second/Third/Fourth Timers

Forum: Potty Training

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Potty Training LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 10th, 2010, 10:45 AM
Zoostergirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If you've potty trained more than one child has it affected your approach the next time around?

I've potty trained two kids and my dd is 21 months and we'll be starting in the next year or so. I find that although each child is different, I am more relaxed about it because I realize that it actually does happen in the end!

November 16th, 2010, 06:42 PM
Trish36's Avatar Mom of 4
Yes, with my first I totally stressed out over when to start training her and how long it took. With my 2nd we didn't start until he was actually ready at 2 1/2 and I was much more relaxed about the whole approach.

Project 365 - 2012: http://trisha2012.wordpress.com/

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

November 17th, 2010, 09:43 AM
kerian's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
well this is my first time ever, lol!!!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy

December 4th, 2010, 05:55 PM
MyDuckySam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MyDuckySam
Because Sam wasn't communicating, there was no reason for me to stress about PTing the first time around. I'm certain this whole thing will be much more anxiety-ridden (for me) the second time around because I am 100000000000000% ready to be done with diapers. We've been doing diaper duty since July 2005, non-stop and I just can't wait for Henry to show more interest in the toilet than playing.

December 4th, 2010, 11:20 PM
mom2baylee&levi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to mom2baylee&levi Send a message via Yahoo to mom2baylee&levi
I am much more relaxed this time around....I was Pregnant with #2 while I was PTing #1 and DETERMINED that she was gunna get it before #2 was born...ohhh she got it all right....but refused to do it because I pushed too much....I let it go...and about a month or two after brother was born she was fully potty trained day and night....

this time I am not really in a rush....he is starting to show signs of interest....he accidently pooped on the potty the other day (I randomly ask if he needs to go potty and he told me yes....sooo we sat on the potty and I kinda TRICKED him into pooping on the potty hahaha This might be weird and I dunno I think it's just a boy thing...but his daddy taught him to fart when someone asks him if he farted....cute huh??? sooo I asked him if he farted to get him to strain a little and he pooped in the potty hahaha....whatever works)

and we went out to eat tonight and he kept telling me he needed to potty....we went and sat on their potty but nothing...sooo he's showing interest in trying sooo I think I am gunna bust out the little potty soon and give it a whirl but I am in no rush for it to happen....on his own time....

I started introducing the potty with my first just after her first birthday.....she picked it up quickly but rebeled when I pushed too much

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search