Should I delay training?

Forum: Potty Training

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Potty Training LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 28th, 2010, 06:30 PM
So my daughter is 33 months old an not interested much at all with potty training. She's had a potty of her own for about 5 months and doesn't even care about it. I can get her to sit on it before baths as a game but that's it. She's VERY strong willed and so I know it won't be the easiest process.

I think we could get this done with a bit of effort on my part but that's not my question. There's some major life changes coming soon and I'm not sure if now is the best time to work seriously on potty training. In under 2 weeks her father's finally getting here to live with us. He's not American so we had to go through a lot of paper work to get him here to stay. So that's going to take some getting used to. Then in February, there will be a wedding, lots of new relatives and a trip to San Francisco as a family. All together, I think trying to do potty training during all of this is asking for trouble. But I'm not sure...so I was hoping for some opinions on it. Thanks
November 29th, 2010, 07:13 AM
Zoostergirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would definitely wait until after the trip, unless she starts taking the initiative and wanting to.

November 29th, 2010, 10:20 AM
kerian's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i agree, maybe wait, unless hse wants to go.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy

December 3rd, 2010, 12:23 PM
AndyBee's Avatar Super Mommy
I wouldn't be very strict with it, but I would still have her go once or twice a day just to sit on it. Maybe after her nap if she's still dry, and before bed. That way it's not a major change, but she's still being introduced to it more. Or maybe you could take her in to potty when you go.

If she starts to fight you, or regresses in any other skill, cut back. But you might be surprised.

All in all, use your instinct. You know your daughter best, so do what feels right.

Special thanks to AlexAiden Mommy for my precious siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search