Why did you start PT?

Forum: Potty Training

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

View Poll Results: Why will you start PT?
To avoid having two kids in diapers 6 27.27%
To save $ 4 18.18%
Because your LO asked to 4 18.18%
Peer Pressure - everyone else was doing it. 2 9.09%
You were fairly certain they were ready 12 54.55%
You were excited for a new milestone 4 18.18%
You were tired of changing diapers 6 27.27%
Other 2 9.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Potty Training LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 3rd, 2010, 02:47 PM
Zoostergirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Feel free to elaborate if you choose other. Check as many as you like.

December 3rd, 2010, 03:36 PM
♥RainyLane's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ♥RainyLane Send a message via MSN to ♥RainyLane Send a message via Yahoo to ♥RainyLane
Didn't want two in diapers, thought he was ready, excited for the milestone and tired of changing diapers lol I was planning on training around 18 months though even if I hadn't been pregnant based on everything I found and read and I was ready to fully commit to the process. I really feel that it's a great age to start! He hadn't shown any of the classic "signs" of being ready but it still worked out, so I really feel like it was the right thing to do (at least for him and our family.)
December 3rd, 2010, 07:56 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
I have two in diapers. She is two. She can talk.
December 4th, 2010, 06:31 PM
MyDuckySam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MyDuckySam
for Sam, I put other because nothing really fit. It was just time. We'd been at it for a while.....he was age ready, just not developmentally ready. It was a LOOOOOOOOOOOONG process for us. Seriously two years in the making due to so many different caregivers, a big move, birth of a baby, a full day school program, then half day program.

For Henry, he's just 21 months and only shows interest in playing in the toilet. After I get him talking, I'll try, but not til the kid says a word.

December 5th, 2010, 12:31 AM
mom2baylee&levi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to mom2baylee&levi Send a message via Yahoo to mom2baylee&levi
I hate changing diapers...he seems ready to start and asks to sit on the potty often soooo I'm game to start
December 5th, 2010, 07:15 PM
Mars's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think it's time. I've been a bit lapsed and inconsistent but she's been showing signs. I just need to kick into high gear and be more consistent. Plus it's a huge expense. She's turning 2, is very vocal and tells you when she's gone and needs a diaper change so it's time for me to act.

Thank you Helen for my beautiful siggy!
December 30th, 2010, 08:54 PM
Brighteyed & Caffeinated
Send a message via MSN to mommy2olliebeans
I'm probably the odd-ball here, but I chose 3 answers.... to avoid having two in diapers, to save $$, and because I am tired of changing diapers......

My step-daughter will be 3 years old on January 16th; she is a very "babied" child who developmentally is just over 2 years old and language is at about 22 months developmentally (this stems from her environment before I entered her life). She did not show any of the typical signs that you look for when beginning potty training. Seriously, I was just tired of changing poopy diapers coming from a child who eats the same food that I do and produces the same poop that I do.
And I was 24 weeks pregnant when I PT'd her.

That being said, it took 3 days to PT and she is doing amazing with it so the right choice was definitely made.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search