Help please: 3-Day Method

Forum: Potty Training

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Potty Training LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 13th, 2010, 01:28 PM
HELP PLEASE!!!

We started PT'ing on Friday with the 3-day Lora Jensen method. DD was doing GREAT! Excited - LOVES her big girl undies. Was making great progress, loved sitting on the potty and going, etc. About half-way/two-thirds of the way thru the day she started getting sick and it has been somewhat of a mixed bag since. She has obviously not felt well but we don't feel we should turn back - she WANTS to wear her panties, has no interest in diapers but is acting scared of the potty and has been crying in ways she never has before. Calling for me or DH, sobbing sometimes, etc. Its awful.

So today she left with the nanny to go to the park. She sobbed when leaving, I had to go out of the building with them, etc. This is completely unheard of, she is NEVER like this. I know a lot of it is her not feeling 100% but I do think she was worried about going in her panties too and leaving home for the first time.

When she got home the nanny said she had a few accidents and then she had a few more at home and when we would run her to the potty and cheer her on she started getting upset again and refusing to sit down, just wanted clean undies, etc.

Any thoughts? Any help? I know she *gets* it. Every night she is much calmer (after bath) and refuses to go to bed until she has peed everything into the potty even if it requires multiple trips. But do we simply keep up the method and keep going forward or do we need to try something new? How do we address the sense of fear of sitting on the potty that is newly developed?

Thank you so much in advance. I am desperate for some advice!!
December 13th, 2010, 09:57 PM
♥RainyLane's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ♥RainyLane Send a message via MSN to ♥RainyLane Send a message via Yahoo to ♥RainyLane
I would say just stay positive and consitent but don't be overly pushy about it. If she is feeling sick then you don't want to push her too hard. Try to be encouraging when she has an accident so she doesn't get overly upset. Also, at least with my son, he would be awesome for a few days then have a day or two where he wouldn't be quite so successful. However, once he got over that slump he would do even better than before. This actually happened a few times.

Do you have her on the big toilet or does she have her own potty? Maybe try changing it up? Also, sometimes I will go first and then have my son go. I will also sometimes tell him mommy needs to go, why don't you show me how it's done? He seems to respond pretty well to this. He is very much a helper and he also loves to be part of a group.
December 14th, 2010, 09:42 AM
Thanks Aimee - great advice. Literally right afrter I posted she went in her potty and was very proud. No more crying and sobbing (thank goodness - that was heart breaking). She is having more accidents the same as you described but saying pee-pee when they start. I'm glad to hear sometimes that happens and then it improves. Always nice to have extra feedback!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search