Hello, question about pooping on potty

Forum: Potty Training

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Potty Training LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 7th, 2011, 10:09 AM
Taramomof3's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Hi, My name is Tara, I have posted here before regarding my oldest son when he was potty training now I have a question about my 2nd son. Chase turned 2 in Oct and started showing huge interest in the potty shortly after so we took that as a sign and started to train him, he is now fully Pee trained during the day but he will not for the life of him poop in the potty! it can me litterally right there and he wont do it no matter how long he sits he just wont do it he ends up waiting until his underwear or pull up are on then poops almost instantly! he usualy poops right before nap time. I am using the reward chart with him he gets a sticker everytime he pees, I did the same thing with my oldest and it worked well and has been working well for Chase for pee anyways haha...any advice to get him to poop on the potty??
thanks

Brianna Eve (09/12/09) Dillan Zarek (07/20/06) Chase Alexander (10/04/08)

January 7th, 2011, 12:44 PM
challowell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The best thing I can tell you is to watch for cues and take him when he usually goes. Rachel will sit and read a book while she poops. Hae you tried giving him something to do while he poops.
February 27th, 2011, 03:54 PM
noworries
I am interested in hearing the replies to this too. My daughter has been pee trained for 3 months now but will not poop on the potty. I have tried everything under the sun and am out of ideas.
February 28th, 2011, 10:58 AM
challowell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just had to watch Rachel. The first time she pooped in the potty she cried but we praised her like crazy and gave har rewards and it took a while but she got it. They will try to squat or sit to poop and some will hide but they will go in th potty if you catch them in the act.
February 28th, 2011, 01:23 PM
Taramomof3's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
sorry I totaly forgot I posted here oops haha so go figure about 3 days after posting this he pooped! haha has been accedent free for 2.5 weeks now! yay! thanks for the advice anyways I was sitting him down the usual time he would go but he would hold it in and not want to eventually would end up in a huge fussy whiney fight and then the min I would put his undies back on he would poop....haha but he came around just had to wait for him to decided I guess..got to love the hard headed child

Brianna Eve (09/12/09) Dillan Zarek (07/20/06) Chase Alexander (10/04/08)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search