Starting slow....

Forum: Potty Training

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Potty Training LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 19th, 2011, 09:31 AM
Ambie213's Avatar Plus Size Mommies co-host
I have posted about how we had introduced Adam to the potty when he turned 1 and were doing ok for a little while... Long story short, we stopped and now i'm hoping to introduce it again.
We started very slowly a couple of days ago.... I asked him if he could sit on his potty and look at a book with me (w/ his clothes on). He did fine. I think we sat twice that day, maybe 3 times the next day.... I decided to give him a sticker for each time he sat on the potty (w/ clothes on). Yesterday I actually printed out a chart to put the stickers on. He sat on potty and got a sticker 7 times! We've already sat twice today and need to go sit again very soon.
I still have him sitting with his clothes on because I don't want to rush things. I was thinking of taking about a week with his clothes on, then moving to sitting on potty with pants off (no focus on performance yet). Then after a week sitting nude on potty, encourage him to go... if he goes he gets 2 stickers; if he sits just one...
I'm sure naked PTing would be the easiest way to go, but it's the middle of winter here right now; we keep our thermostat kind of low to help save on heating costs and just be sure to wear socks and sweatshirts, so that wouldn't be too good.
Does this sound like a good approach??? Should I just go strictly to clothes off to sit? He's doing well sitting w/ clothes on and I really don't want to push too much...

Thank you Vicki... for my siggie!

January 25th, 2011, 09:24 AM
Perfectly~Flawed's Avatar ♥ Proud Potterhead! ♥
Send a message via AIM to Perfectly~Flawed Send a message via Yahoo to Perfectly~Flawed
How does he seem most comfortable?

LynJ would only go clothes off for awhile but started to think bath time came after potty time so we went back to clothes on so I didn't have to drag her out of the bath tub 50 times a day.

'

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search