When did PT Start?

Forum: Potty Training

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

View Poll Results: What age did your child begin to PT
Younger than 2 Years Old 25 53.19%
2-3 Years Old 19 40.43%
3-4 Years Old 3 6.38%
4-6 Years Old 0 0%
6 Years Plus 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Potty Training LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 25th, 2011, 08:27 AM
Perfectly~Flawed's Avatar ♥ Proud Potterhead! ♥
Send a message via AIM to Perfectly~Flawed Send a message via Yahoo to Perfectly~Flawed
What age did you start PT'ing you LO(s)?
If you have more than one child who is PT'ed or PT'ing, what age was "easiest"?

Making it a Multi choice poll for those with 1+.

Last edited by Perfectly~Flawed; January 25th, 2011 at 08:30 AM.
January 28th, 2011, 04:01 AM
Platinum Supermommy
my son showed signs around 18 months that he was ready but we didnt start potty training til we was 21 months and it took 2 weeks and he was pretty much trained. he has accidents every once in awhile but he does really well
January 30th, 2011, 09:16 AM
Brighteyed & Caffeinated
Send a message via MSN to mommy2olliebeans
My step-daughter showed no signs of potty training readiness, but I decided at 35 months old to make an attempt. She has been going on the toilet now for 6 weeks now with only 3 accidents.
February 6th, 2011, 09:37 AM
kerian's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
we PT at 2 1/2 years old. she was really ready./

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy

February 13th, 2011, 10:42 PM
Minilegs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It was about 3 mos before her 2nd Birthday. She showed signs that she knew what was happening in her diaper. I potty trained her in about a week. She had few accidents and never regressed.
February 15th, 2011, 06:52 PM
MamaToARockStar's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
ds was 21 months,now at 22 months hes fully trained with no accidents

February 21st, 2011, 06:04 AM
Zoostergirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I trained one right at 2 years, one at 2 and a half, and one at almost three. It was easy with all of them because they were ready and wanted to potty train. I did have two false starts with the almost three year old. We attempted at both 2 and 2 1/2 but neither time was she ready. When she was ready it was a breeze!

February 23rd, 2011, 12:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
My oldest I showed her a potty at 18 months. 5 days after turning 2 she went on the potty and never looked back

My youngest is 19 months and we are going to start this week. I'm laid back though so I am not pushing for a3 day thing or anything.

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

March 31st, 2011, 02:24 PM
sarahmomma's Avatar Momma to 4
With each of my kids as soon as they started taking their own wet diapers off and playing with their penis while naked I brought the potty into the play room and let them use it as a seat to play on to familiarize.
By the time I got seriously into training they were ready and willing and it took my two weeks with each of them, fingers crossed number three is this easy lol
My oldest was 11 months the first time he used it and then just before his second birthday I day trained him and it took another 6 months for him to be consistently dry at nigh.
My middle son who has autism was 2 and a half when he was both day and night trained.This is very young for a child on the spectrum but lucky for me he doesnt like the feel of wet material on his body so the diapers frustrated him.
My youngest is almost 20 months and has been taking off his diaper regularly for a couple months and peeing in the entrance way 2 feet away from the bathroom and yesterday he threw a wet diaper into the potty so I have decided that next week I am going to try a day of training and see how far we go.
April 8th, 2011, 09:22 PM
Regular
Been PT since 18months. Some success, he just doesn't really seem to care. If he wants to use the potty he will, if he doesn't then he won't! Boys! lol.
April 14th, 2011, 07:00 AM
HeavenlyJewel's Avatar Loving Wife and Mom
My son started PT at 2 3/4 and is fully PT'd took about 2 weeks and he got it down with no problem and he even learned to stand and pee right away lil pro lol! Crazy thing was in the middle of potty training we took a trip to Florida to visit my mom ( we went to the beaches and a couple childrens museums and Disneyworld) and the whole time we were there he only had about 3 accidents and never in the car or at any of the places we went he only had them at the house. We stayed there a week and he didn't have an accident on the planes either i was so proud of him!
September 17th, 2011, 03:19 AM
When you decide it's time to begin potty training, set your child up for success. Start by maintaining a sense of humor and a positive attitude. Then:
September 20th, 2011, 11:25 AM
We started at about 19 months with the triplets and we are getting there
July 7th, 2013, 11:21 AM
My son showed signs around 20 months that he was ready & we started PT...I am doing the training for 7days.you can use a potty chair,that i do.....play with the potty,sit over it.Makes games.....i downloded a great app called potty training learing with the animals..my son loves it!!!
July 14th, 2013, 04:13 AM
I started potty training my oldest at 3 and a half, as soon as he showed an intrest, he's now 4 and still isn't very reliable or consistant with it. Now I'm dreading starting with my 2 year old.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search