travel?

Forum: Potty Training

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Potty Training LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 4th, 2011, 10:17 PM
tyggrlili25's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to tyggrlili25 Send a message via Yahoo to tyggrlili25
Hello!
My two year old decided she was ready to train. We have been at it for 3 days now and we had two accidents so far. She both pees and poops without being told/reminded. My question is..
What do you do when you are out in public? Do you bring a larger seat along? Do you have a portable/foldable seat or do you just hold your kid over the seat for support?
If you have a potable one which one do you have and do you like it?
TIA!!

February 4th, 2011, 10:49 PM
♥RainyLane's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ♥RainyLane Send a message via MSN to ♥RainyLane Send a message via Yahoo to ♥RainyLane
I started out carrying a smaller seat that folded to go over the toilet but quickly ditched it, it was a major inconvenience for us and just not worth it. You're lucky as you have a girl so there aren't the same kind of aiming issues as with a boy I'd imagine We just hold our son over the toilet.

We also keep a potty chair in the car for if he has to go and there isn't a place available (parks, side of the road, if it's a super emergency or if the bathroom is just disgusting...) We have used it A LOT and I am so glad we have it. I keep a bottle of water in the car and dump the potty out in some bushes, swish some water and dump it out. He has never pooped in it. I bring it in to actually clean it when I feel the need, too. You could always carry disinfectant wipes with you though if you care more about that. Uring is sterile so it doesn't bother me as it's rinsed out anyway...

The potty chair we have in the car is the froggy one from Target because I wanted it ASAP and didn't want to trek out anywhere else, and we were there. IKEA has a great seat though that is nice and cheap, and all one piece I think. I also really like our Baby Bjorn potties. We have two of those at home. They have the removable bowl in them which I do and don't like. I would like to eventually get a Baby Bjorn Little Potty for the car, because they are really small and so easily portable.

Word of advice, my son could care less about them but the automatic flushers can be scary to some kids. You can bring some masking tape or sticky notes with you and cover it up while she goes so it won't go off unexpectedly. You don't want a bad experience to make her afraid of public restrooms...

I will say in the beginning we visited every public restroom we came across because I wanted him to be very comfortable in them. He has no issues with them whatsoever so either he naturally doesn't care or it helped. Or both. Good luck!
February 5th, 2011, 08:06 AM
tyggrlili25's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to tyggrlili25 Send a message via Yahoo to tyggrlili25
Thanks for all the helpful advice:-)

February 6th, 2011, 09:33 AM
kerian's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i actually just hold/support her on a normal seat. i dont think i could remember to carry a seat around with us. and i wanted her to get used to using a normal seat sooner rather then later.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy

February 23rd, 2011, 01:05 PM
Zoostergirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I put her on the seat, just like I do at home. Disinfectant wipes may come in handy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search