Hi! New to Potty training.

Forum: Potty Training

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Potty Training LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 24th, 2011, 05:52 PM
Super Mommy
Hi!I am Monica, mommy to Danielle. I have been on the JM boards for a while, but my DD is ready to start pt. Danielle is only 15 mths, but shows pretty much all of the readyness signs. She has peed on her potty 3 times on 2 different days. She peed last night, and I knew it was about time again, but was in the middle of something. She went over and squatted next to her potty and peed in her diaper, so I know she is getting the concept somewhat. She pretty much always lets me know when she is wet and esp when she is dirty. She says about 35 words, but none for potty. We did baby signing before she could talk so I am working on teaching her a potty sign. We also cloth diaper part time ( ft when I'm home) and I think that has really helped her awareness. I know this will probably be a very long process, but I will be home with her in the summer and am hoping we will make a lot of progress then. I hope I can learn a lot from you ladies in the meantime.
March 27th, 2011, 12:08 AM
♥RainyLane's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ♥RainyLane Send a message via MSN to ♥RainyLane Send a message via Yahoo to ♥RainyLane
I posted in one of the stickies about what I did with my son. We started him mat 17.5 months, for no reason other than we were ready to commit. He had no idea what a potty was or what it was for, although we always let him come with us when we went if he wanted to. Helpful websites... A Bushel and a Peck: diary of potty training an 18 month old... and Potty Training Raising Rocco (I like the comments here too, she answers several question that are asked of her) Here is what we did with out son... http://www.justmommies.com/forums/21129799-post8.html (I need help!!! Tips for potty training) He just recently turned two and does great. Let me know if you have any questions or anything. Finding resources and support at this age can be kind of difficult
September 17th, 2011, 03:22 AM
When you decide it's time to begin potty training, set your child up for success. Start by maintaining a sense of humor and a positive attitude. Then:

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search