I am going insane! *UPDATE*

Forum: Potty Training

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Potty Training LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 22nd, 2011, 04:53 PM
Keepin' it real!
My 3 yo son, ABOUT TO BE FOUR UGH, is THE most difficult child in the world! He started out with some developmental delays (particularly comprehension) but he has caught up with his peers. We put him in Early Intervention and Preschool and worked our butts off to get him where he is today. A couple months ago, he was FULLY potty trained with minimal accidents at night. He had an episode where he had a small fecal impactment and it took a LOT for us to get him going again. Unfortunately, the medications, the extra fiber and other help recommended by the doctor caused diarrhea-like BM's and finally the "big" bulges came out. Unfortunately, this has set him back! He will go pee/poop on the potty but it seems like he's going in his underwear MUCH more than before. I am AT MY WITS END and do not know what else to do. I did not have any toileting issues with my previous children (3 of them and one's his twin who got done almost 2 years ago!) and they were all done between 18 months (first one) and 2 yo (middle 2) , so this is very different for me. I just don't know what else to do for him. I am so frustrated and ready to just throw in the towel and let him have diapers again, but I know that would not help. I need ideas. I have done treats, stickers, other rewards, toys, etc and NOTHING seems to get through to him anymore. It's like "whatever mom, I have done this before and now I don't want to" kind of attitude.

****UPDATE****Never mind! lol He finally decided to get done! I don't know what it was, but he's been accident free again the last few days. He says he's not a baby anymore and is done peeing/pooping in his pants! YAY!

1 Girl 2011 and 1 Boy 2013. Their family is COMPLETE!

Surrogacy # 3 for new family?: 2014??

Last edited by GSLynn; April 25th, 2011 at 01:48 PM. Reason: UPDATE!
May 2nd, 2011, 07:13 PM
What a progress, congratulations!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search