Has anyone heard anything about natural hygiene of infants

Forum: Potty Training

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Potty Training LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 16th, 2011, 02:11 PM
I ask as one of my babies is now 6months and i started to use potty to get her used to it, but i don;t know if it;s too late for that and i missed a spot. I carry her in sling, but i cannot notice any signals she makes when she want to wee. But a massive success is that i cached all her poos till now . I would be grateful for any tips
June 28th, 2011, 02:48 PM
Do you mean elimination communication? I dont think 6 months is neccesarily too late for that. You just have to brave being peed on before you learn her signals.

Like you I thought I was too late a starter at 6 months so I just got us a potty routine. We werent getting too many catches but I figured that at least she'd be used to the potty. The biggest help was a tip I read shortly after she was a year old, to give water while she sits on the potty (6 months is probably too young for extra water so save it for later if you need). It relaxes the relevant muscles making them much more likely to go.

I dont remember at what point I started to watch for signs, somewhere around 14 months possibly. I did find two, she either looked down or then she'd do the pee dance. I had had no idea of those signs until I spent some time staring at her, this took some patience.

Anyway it was a slow process but she was out of diaper daytime at 18 months. I kept her in diapers out of the house bit longer because she was non verbal and I was bit nervous about misses. We had been doing baby sign language since 10 months or so and she knew how to sign for potty so she usually did.

I did this mostly out of curiosity to see where it'd take us. I'm pleased with the result that we had. She was always used to the potty and I never had to fight or bribe her.

Hvor er toalettet?
Skal vi danse?
Gratulerer med fødselsdagen
Luftputefartøyet mitt er fullt av ål
Ett språk er aldri nok

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search