Won't go #2

Forum: Potty Training

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Potty Training LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 26th, 2011, 05:45 AM
Ambie213's Avatar Plus Size Mommies co-host
Hi ladies! I had posted here awhile back when I had originally started PTing DS Adam. He just wasn't ready then, but he's been doing amazing the past 3 weeks! (he's 2 1/2) He wears underpants all during the day every day and always tells me if he has to go #1. He still wears a pull-up to bed and wakes up wet. He was waking up dry from naps, so I tried him w/ underpants yesterday, but he peed right as he woke up.
The thing is, he will NOT go #2 on the potty at all. He ended up not going for like 2 or 3 days, holding it in. Once in awhile he'll go in his underpants, but usually waits for the pull-up. I've tried putting him on the potty when I see he is trying to go and he freaks out. I've asked him to go sit on the potty and try and he runs the other way crying, I'm just not sure how to attempt this if he is freaking out every time. Any suggestions for that?

Thank you Vicki... for my siggie!

July 28th, 2011, 01:50 PM
AndyBee's Avatar Super Mommy
I really wish I could help you. DSD is doing the same thing and she just turned 4! She's been going pee consistently, even going on her own without us helping her at all. But when it comes to #2 she refuses. She'll wait and wait and wait and wait and then finally when she can't hold it anymore she'll go in her pants. She was in tears the other day while sitting on the potty "practicing." I asked her why she was sad, and she told me she was afraid her bones were going to leave her. I did some research, and apparently some kids think that when they poo, it's their insides falling out. Scary! So I have been trying to reassure her that her bones are inside her body, and they are held in by her skin. I explained that you eat food, your tummy takes all the good stuff out and uses it get big and strong, then whatever is left over, you poo out. She is still avoiding going poo in the potty, but I think I just need to release her of the fear.

Can you ask your son why he runs? Maybe ask him how he feels about it.

Special thanks to AlexAiden Mommy for my precious siggy
July 29th, 2011, 09:01 AM
AndyBee's Avatar Super Mommy
BTW: After explaining the whole process of eating food and how her tummy takes all the good stuff out, and what's left over is poop, Evann has successfully pooped in the potty! The best part, she did it ON HER OWN!

I'm not sure if that was what finally helped her do it, or if it will help your little one. But I thought I'd give you that update and suggestion.

Special thanks to AlexAiden Mommy for my precious siggy
August 7th, 2011, 02:39 PM
Super Mommy
HI ladies! I am new here but my DD is doing the same thing. SHe is 2/12 and will not go number two in potty. I am not sure what to do! She is in big girl panties all day but will not go number two in potty.

August 8th, 2011, 09:01 AM
My son (who turned 3 in June) did the same. It took us about 4 weeks to get the first poop in the potty and now 8 weeks later he will only poop in the potty if he is naked. He is perfectly content to poop in his undies or pull up, but if he is naked he will poop in the potty every time. He actually goes at least twice a day, but the first one is always in the early morning, so its easy to get him to go in the potty. The problem lies in when we leave the house.

Are you ladies trying to leave them naked from the waist down when at home?
September 17th, 2011, 03:30 AM
Potty training success hinges on physical and emotional readiness, not a specific age. Many kids show interest in potty training by age 2, but others may not be ready until age 2 1/2 or even older. And there's no rush. If you start potty training too early, it may only take longer.\
study in uk

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search