What happend?!?

Forum: Potty Training

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Potty Training LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 26th, 2011, 12:34 PM
My dd2 was on Cue with going and telling me BY HERSELF she wated to go to the bathroom, 2 wks using her little trainer potty then wanted her plastic seat on the big bathroom. So there we were she was going good a month or so but then became constipaed which i now think is the reason she does not want to have anything to do with the bathroom now is.

*sigh*

So she isnt constipated anymore but then when in her undies she will tell me when she has to go butthen jump down from the toilet or dcry when getting near it and do her business to the side and on the floor instead.

I dont know what to do anymore ...anyone else this happen to or can give me some advice. I know i wont push her but i was really excited i thought she would of been potty trained before this next baby is born
August 17th, 2011, 09:01 PM
Have you tried to talk to her about it? You are probably right on about it stemming from the contipation, she associated the discomfort of constipation with the potty. All she knows right now is that she hurt and she hurt when she was on the potty. If you sit down and talk with her about it, maybe you can simply explain what being contipated is (poops got too big in her tummy and were ouchie or whatever), tell her how you fixed it (like drinking more, eating more fruit, medicine or whatever, whatever you did so that tummy was happy again) and get her to affirm that yes, going poop doesn't hurt any more. Then reassure her that potty is only there to catch poops and will never ever make going to the bathroom ouchie. Then encourage her to just try going poops on the potty, and reassure her that if it hurts, she can get right off and go on her training potty or on a diaper or whatever.
Hope it works out for you
September 17th, 2011, 03:27 AM
Some kids respond to stickers or stars on a chart. For others, trips to the park or extra bedtime stories are effective.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search